Surprise.

As promised, Derek took Kiya to the Unicorn World Shop. While Kiya was thinking about which five items to select something caught their eyes or should I say, someone?

Derek and Kiya saw the guy from behind wearing a blue knitted cardigan with black jeans, he was holding a momo unicorn collection set.

They moved towards the guy because they knew him, Kiya gently tapped on his shoulder and said, "Kai, What are you doing here?"

"Oh Kiya, hi and Derek you are here too? Hey," the guy said with a sweet but confused smile hiding the momo unicorn collection set.

"Uhm, hey I guess." Kiya and Derek said in Unison.

"Why are you both here?" Kai asked still hiding the momo unicorn collection behind his back.

"Oh, we came here to cheer up Kiya," Derek said nonchalantly and Kiya elbowed him.

"I was here for the same reason," Kai replied, showing them the Momo unicorn collection he continued, "Mom said that Kiya looked upset lately, so I was gonna buy her this."

Kai looked at Kiya and said, "I am sorry Kiya, because of work I couldn't give you much time. What happened?"

Kiya looked down at her feet and said nothing. Kai put the Momo unicorn collection back on the shelf and hugged Kiya, while patting his little sister's head he said, "It is alright Kiya, your brother is here for you. Tell me what is bothering you."

Kiya hugged back her brother and told him everything while crying.

It is true Kiya is now twenty-seven years old, but to her brother, she will always be his precious sister. Kai has always been Kiya's safe place, she can always talk about her every problem to him but for the past month, she was refraining from talking about her problems to Kai because she knew Kai already got so much on his plate with his job and his child. She tried her best to stay strong, but in the arms of her brother she couldn't restrict her feelings and so she let it all out.

"Suddenly I feel like a left out," Derek said pretending to cry.

Kiya and Kai chuckled at Derek and pulled him in for a hug.

After shopping, the trio decided to go to Derek's favourite Cheeseburger shop. Kiya linked her arms with Kai and Derek and the sound of her giggles filled the street.

At the Cheeseburger shop, before taking the order waitress in her late 30s asked Derek for his autograph for her niece's friend.

"Even while he is wearing dark glasses, a beanie, and a mask you recognised him?" Kiya asked the waitress in a surprised tone.

"I come here often with Lia, this place holds many memories." Derek replied in a polite tone while giving the autograph.

"Did you propose to Lia yet?" The waitress asked Derek with a genuine smile.

"I did, we will make it official next week. And you will have to come to our wedding, Sana." Derek replied to the waitress.

Kiya dropped the menu card. Kai looked at Kiya with concern, and Derek said, "What is so shocking Kiya? Don't tell me you still don't believe Lia said yes to me."

"Why Aiden is here?" Kiya said in a monotone.

Derek and Kai followed Kiya's gaze and saw Aiden standing by the door in a black t-shirt and brown pants.

Kiya grabbed Derek and Kai by their hands and pulled them under the table.

"Ouch!" Derek and Kai said in unison.

"Shush it you both!" Kiya whisper-yelled at them.

Sana bend down and said with concern, "What are you three doing? Do you need any help?"

"We are hiding from that breathtaking guy standing by the door. We don't want him to find out we are here." Kiya replied to Sana.

Sana nodded and said, "I understand, I will keep him away from this table. He is ordering takeaway, I'll inform you when he leaves."

Kiya signed in relief.

꧁ Love&Believe ꧂

Thank you for reading

🌺⌒‿⌒‿ઇଓ