27| 𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐎 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐒' 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐄

Start from the beginning

However, one specific person who accidentally brushed their shoulder against Lanie's, nearly made the girl topple over onto the floor, but before her face could hit the pavement, strong muscular arms stabilized her.

Her cheeks flamed with embarrassment, not daring to look up at the person who saved her from humiliation. But when she heard the familiar deep soothing voice of the stranger, Lanie shot her head up to see someone she thought she would never see again.

Lanie's eyes widened to their max, her jaw dropping in surprise. Her arms subconsciously gripped the man's waist in a tight hold, questioning if the boy was real.

"Leo?!"

Emilio "Leo" Calaveras. The literal definition of a Greek God with his accentuated bone structure and bleeding sharp jawline. His muscles bulged out of the thin fabric of his black top, his towering height making him even more desirable to those around him.

He was one of Lanie's best friends from her childhood, and Emilio is one of the only people to help her forget her family problems whenever he was around. But at the age of nine and when she was seven, Emilio and his family moved back to Spain, not knowing that would be the last time she would ever see him.

Until now.

Lanie wasted no time in jumping into his arms that were already open, Leo waiting for a bone-crushing hug.

"Del, I missed you so much! Wow, you look as beautiful as ever, darling," Leo complimented, his eyes modestly raking Lanie's frame, seeing how stunning she has become over the years.

"Please, I should be saying that to you. You're jacked now." Lanie couldn't help but let her eyes skim his toned body, his physique certainly changing considering he was shorter than her when they were kids.

Tyler was next to greet the boy, a wide grin etching his face. "What the hell are they feeding you in Spain? You look good, man."

"Thanks, mate. It's all from my mum's cooking," Leo chuckled, his British accent capturing the attention of other teenage girls who were shamelessly eying the boy as they passed him in the mall.

It was apparent to the human eye that the Calaveras boy was ravishingly handsome and he was humbly aware of it. Although he and Lanie parted ways as children, he never forgot the way she would pick him the smooth cluster of white cotton dandelion flowers every day as their 'friendship symbol.'

Leo thought his silly childhood crush was gone with Lanie Capuletgue but within the snap of his calloused fingers, that wave of locked away feelings seemed to surge over him.

And it hit him hard.

"I miss your mom's cooking. She always had the best pastries."

"I will tell her you said that. I know she misses you very much." Leo's eyes traced down to the many shopping bags wrapped around the Capuletgue siblings and he raised his eyebrows. "Beautiful dress for a beautiful girl? Let me guess; prom? I remember you were so excited to go to your prom ever since we were kids."

Lanie's cheeks flushed with adulation, absentmindedly brushing her hair behind her ear. She never told her family how enthusiastic she was about the idea of prom when she was a kid. Only Leo knew.

Tyler looked at his sister with a quizzical look, not knowing the fact that Lanie was elated for prom, considering how reluctant she was hours ago.

"Got me there," Lanie murmured softly.

"Hey, Leo, since Lanie here doesn't have a date for prom, how about you take her?" Tyler asked with a not-so-subtle smirk deviously creeping up on his face. Lanie glared at him before diverting her attention to Leo who chuckled.

"I wouldn't want to intrude on whoever is taking her to prom," Leo ensured.

"Well, that wouldn't be a problem since she's currently going alone," Tyler spoke confidently. Lanie groaned in annoyance at her brother, shaking her head incredulosuly. She hid her face in her hands, knowing exactly what her brother was insinuating toward her childhood friend.

"Well, that's absolute rubbish. I find it impossible for someone as beautiful as Lanie to not have a date."

"How about you be her date?"

"Tyler!" Lanie scolded, slapping her brother's arm who winced, rubbing the spot on his shoulder. "Leo, you don't have to, Tyler is just being—"

"With your permission, I would love to go to prom with you, Del," Leo grinned, nervously fidgeting with the metallic silver bands that were wrapped around his fingers.

"I would love to go to prom with you, Leo." Lanie typed her phone number into Leo's phone, telling him to wear something that would 'outshine James Bond.'

"Perfect, I'll pick you up later, Dandelanie. Feels like fate wants us to run into each other, hmm?"

"Seems so," Lanie smiled, nodding her head slowly. Swoon. That nickname always gets to her.

Robby Keene, you're in for a frightening surprise.

Time to bring back some of Lanie's childhood eheh

Thoughts on Emilio?

But on a side note to my (semi-existent) love life, Emilio was kind of inspired by this kid in my film class. He sits right next to me and he is super sweet we hung out outside of class once. I'm going to see him again tomorrow but I'm super nervous to talk to him and my anxiety is getting to me urgashfdhsk.

Let's hope I don't mess this up haha.