"im happy to know that i have such an effect on you." you teased as he rolled his eyes, scoffing.

"you even had to tip-toe to do it, short ass." he retorted as your sweet smile turned upside down, smacking him on his head lightly. he let out a yelp, rubbing the part of his head that you hit. "you arent even 5cm taller, you have no right to talk. come on now, lets go. your treat, remember!" you said, skipping away as you heard him sigh.

*

a while later, the two of you were sitting under a tree in the shade on your purple mat as his arms circled your waist, your back facing his chest. you had a box of strawberry flavoured pocky, as usual.

"dont you get tired of eating the same thing?" scaramouche asked as you turned to face him. "why would i? i mean, its the same as you. weve known each other for so long, i never get bored of you, do i? in fact, i become more fond of you everyday." you teased as he looked away, blushing a little. 

"that was so bad." he scoffed as you giggled. "are you implying that i should get tired of you?" you asked playfully as he turned back to look at you with furrowed eyebrows. "how daring." you simply laughed at his comment, picking up another stick of pocky.

as you put it in your mouth, scaramouche grasped your chin lightly, bringing your face close to his as he put the other side of the pocky in his mouth. the two of you stayed in this position, gazing into each others eyes. you felt your heart beating faster and faster and your breathing became heavier. 

after a while of tension, he bit it off, leaving you with a smaller piece of the pocky. seeing your shocked impression, he smirked at you. "i guess you wont be getting tired of me any sooner." he remarked, finishing the pocky he had stolen from you.

"...jerk." you mumbled, quickly finishing the rest of the packet. seeing you stuff the rest of the sticks of pocky in your mouth, he laughed, whipping out his phone to snap a picture. upon seeing this, you quickly turned around, trying to avoid it. "what the fuck! dont take a picture!" you yelled, trying to gobble everything up. 

"too late, sweetheart. look how cute you are, just like a hamster." he chuckled, showing me his phone screen as i tried to snatch it away. "what the hell, delete it!" you shouted as he ran away and you chased as laughter filled the area. 

"come back! delete the picture! you know how bad my stamina is..." you yelled as you continued to run after him. "come and catch me then!" scaramouche yelled back, sticking his tongue out, waving his phone in the air. you simply sighed, collapsing on the grassy field. you gave up.

seeing this, he ran towards you and sat next to you. "does this mean i can keep the picture?" he asked as you turned away. "whatever, i give up." 

he laughed, lying down next to you and wrapping his arms around you. you two stayed quiet for a while as you cherished this moment. you didnt care about the stares you were receiving, you were just happy to be embraced by your beloved.

after what seemed like forever, scaramouche spoke. "the skys getting dark, shall we go?" he asked, letting go of you and getting up. you were a little reluctant but got up anyway. you walked back to the picnic spot and packed up everything as the sky grew darker. as you finished, you heard the sounds of water splattering. it had started to rain.

"i didnt bring an umbrella, and theres no shelter home..." you sighed. as you gazed at the drizzling rain, you felt scaramouche grab your wrist. "scara? what are you..." before you finished your sentence, he took off and you found yourself running with him.