"I've heard about you from Mr. Ratri," she said, "of your 'special circumstances.'" She glanced back behind her just once with a sceptical glint in her eyes. "–Though he didn't elaborate on what exactly those were... However, due to your outstanding intelligence, it was considered a waste to ship you off early. Hence your allowance back into Grace Field."

[Name] nodded along as the woman spoke, agreeing readily with the false truths that were spewed. Peter had already explained the fake backstory she would use, of course, so [Name] knew well of what the woman was speaking of.

"I've also been made aware that you already know the truth about the house," the Grandmother continued with a smile. "As such, I've been permitted to use you as a tool to benefit both myself and the boss for the meantime."

A tool... 

Nothing has changed.

A truck awaited them just through the entrance to the Headquarters plot. There was a worker in the driver's seat, and if the Grandmother rode in the passenger seat...

Admittedly, [Name] didn't like the thought of climbing into the back of the vehicle that was most often used to transport the "merchandise" of the farm. Of course, the thought of walking the entirety of the way to the dictated house was in no way more appealing.

With a small sigh, the girl made her way around to the back of the truck. She soon tapped it with a purse of her lips.

It was high. Almost up to her shoulders. 

Damn.

[Name] glanced in the Grandmother's direction. The woman's almost motherly eyes lowered to [Name]'s, as if she had just noticed the small girl's predicament. "Do you need some assistance, 04194?"

[Name]'s nose slightly scrunching was the only outward sign of her distaste. She inclined her chin in the woman's direction. "No."

[Name] stepped on the wheel cutout and used it to jab her foot into a protruding part of the panel at the back. Then she was able to leverage one of her knees up to pull herself inside.

She was independent, for a four-year-old. Which, while in part due to her upbringing thus far, was admittedly due to her innate... headstrongness? Refusal to accept help?

It ran in the family.

"Sit tight until we're there," Grandmother Sarah said, pulling the curtain closed.

[Name] set down her suitcase and sat on the floor of the vehicle. The truck soon started, and began rumbling in the direction of the farms.

The ride wasn't very comfortable. 

That was an understatement. 

It was incredibly uncomfortable. The whole truck jerked and shook every time there was a slight dip or pebble under the wheels.

Most of those transported in the back of this truck were corpses with little need for comfort, after all. 

It was reasonable.

The location for the ride was probably intentional on the Grandmother's part, [Name] thought.

 It was a subtle power move– so was the way she referred to [Name] solely by identification number, as well as the way she walked at a pace that was a struggle for her to keep up with. By putting [Name] in situations that made the girl feel significantly below her, the Grandmother was hoping to undermine the obvious connection between herself and Peter Ratri, and place herself in a larger position of authority.

This was within expectations, however.

The grey curtain billowed as the truck made its way over the Head Quarters plot, picking up dust around the wheels. The ride finally became more easygoing as the truck reached the tunnel. The sound of the engine echoed off of the walls until it finally died down.