Pont de l'Arc Cave Inauguration

The "Cave of the Pont d'Arc", a replica of the Chauvet cave in Ardèche allows the public to discover an exceptional bestiary 36,000 years old, while preserving the original drawings to avoid past mistakes of Lascaux.

Located on the heights of Vallon-Pont-d'Arc (Ardèche) on the site of Razal, a wooded area of ​​29 hectares 5km from the real cave, this facsimile reproduces the model in a limited space of 3,000 m2 with a all 1,000 designs including hundreds of animal figures.

Of these, finely engraved or drawn by Cro-Magnon by mixing charcoal powder with the white of the original wall, there are bears, woolly rhinoceros, mammoths, felines, including many lions, a Owl ...

Besides the reconstruction of the cave, the cave has a discovery center, an educational center, event space, a food court, and uses of Theatre Technical never implemented to such a scale.

As in real cave, a course 10 stations invite visitors to stop and observe. Similarly, their senses will be put to the test with the reproduction of the characteristics of the underground environment (fresh, humidity, silence, darkness ...).

For supplementary details make sure you have a look at the internet site by clicking this link - [http://www.citibreak.fr/sites/la-caverne-du-pont-d-arc/details/551abbfee4b078eca66f31c5/ Caverne du Pont de l'arc].

In search for events in Paris?

Paris continues to be home to some of the most stunning tourist attractions. If you're looking for more on visiting Paris, or anywhere else in France, visit Citibreak.fr.

Citibreak is one of the most comprehensive online guides for France. We offer you with information on the latest happenings, events, exciting places to visit, cultural events, art shows, and the best exhibitions in Paris!