☏ third call

Começar do início

I watched Amber and the old lady talk a little bit more then the old lady smiled at Amber and walked away. Amber looked back at me, grinning triumphantly. She motioned me to come closer, telling the coast is clear.

Looking around, I stood up and slowly went my way to Amber. "What in the world did you tell the old lady?" I raised an eyebrow at Amber.

"Just asked her if we could try her job for a little while," Amber answered, still proud of her convincing skills "She was a little confused on why did we choose this job though, she said it seemed a pretty off from what we learned a while ago,"

"And what did you say?" I questioned her. Amber gave me her most cocky smile yet and said "Well~ I told that her job is the best job one can ever have! Despite the low salary, everyone's stomachs are saved because of her! She's like a real superhero!"

I mentally facepalmed. Tell me again, why am I best friends with this girl?

"The old lady was really happy about it that she said we could use the cart as long as we like!" Amber proudly continued. Cue me mentally anime falling. Even the old lady fell for it?! My mind's currently debating if that old lady was just playing dumb or Minho's flaming charisma is finally rubbing off on Amber.

"Either way, let's go! Many stomachs are waiting for us!" I raised my fist in the air and started racing the cart down the hallway, heading to the elevator. Amber was happily trailing behind me.

Despite all the fun we had, I swore I heard someone scream "No running in the hallways!" but nah, all adults are like that right?

Cue awkward elevator music.

"So this is what elevator music sounds like?" I nudged the elevator man, hoping to get an answer from him. But all what I got was a poker face. Can't read his, can't read his, no I can't read his poker face~

"So all what we have to do is barge in and announce there's food?" Amber asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. I've never had any experience with this!

"I guess so, but we gotta make our entrance awesome!" I raised my fist in the air. Amber smirked and high fived with me. "We're gonna be the most badass snack cart sellers ever!"

Amber and I contiued suggesting ideas on how we were going to enter the offices. To be honest, we were making a lot of noise that despite there were only 3 people in the elevator, it sounded like there were 9!

I even pity the poor elevator guy. He's probably finding ways on how to let kick Amber and I out of his sight. But so far, he's been maintaining a poker face so does that mean he's not annoyed...? Silence. Silence means yes riiight?

After minutes of endless noise, the elevator door opened. Amber pushed the cart happily to the hallway of the 5th floor with me excitedly trailing after her.

I took one last look at the elevator guy, who was still maintaning his poker face before the elevator closed. Seriously, what is with elevator guys and poker faces?

"Where do we start?" My attention reverted to Amber, who instantly became clueless. I shrugged my shoulders, she isn't serious about that badass entrance?!

Great, we're back to square one. Not to mention, the hallway of the
3rd floor was just a series of closed doors.

Who would've knew that this cart thing could be actually hard?! #BeastMode