"Ah, yes, I remember," said Voldemort, looking down at Neville, who was struggling back to his feet, unarmed and unprotected, standing in the no-man's-land between the survivors and the Death Eaters.

"But you are a pureblood, aren't you, my brave boy?"

"So what if I am?" Neville shouted,

"You show spirit and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You will make a very valuable Death Eater. We need your kind, Neville Longbottom."

"I'll join you when hell freezes over! Dumbledore's army!" He shouted,

"Dumbledore's army!" The crowd called back,

"Very well. If that is your choice, Longbottom, we revert to the original plan. On your head, be it." He said. Voldemort waved his wand, and they heard something crash from the top of the castle. The sorting hat had burst its way from the headmaster's office, and towards Voldemort. He shook away the glass.

"There will be no more Sorting at Hogwarts School. There will be no more Houses. The emblem, shield, and colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, will suffice for everyone. Won't they, Neville Longbottom?" Voldemort pointed his wand at Voldemort, who went still before Voldemort forced the hat on Voldemort's head.

"Neville here is now going to demonstrate what happens to anyone foolish enough to continue to oppose me," He flicked his wand, and the hat burst into flames. Charlotte looked away, unable to listen to Neville's screams, as she hid her face in Draco's chest.

And then there were loud shouts, like hundreds of people were coming to Hogwarts. Charlotte looked up, seeing hundreds of people from Hogsmeade rushing down to Hogwarts. At the same time, Hagrid's brother was rushing down from the opposite end of the castle.

"Hagger!" He shouted, then the centaurs arrived, shooting arrows at the death eaters. In one swift motion, Neville had broken free from the body-binding curse, ripping the hat off his head, and pulling out his sword of Gryffindor. Then, with a single stroke, Neville had cut off the snake's head.

Everything started up again, curses were flying through the air, and the fight was not over just yet. More people arrived, and the Hogwart's elves came out of hiding, being led by Kreacher.

"Fight! Fight! Fight for my Master, defender of house-elves! Fight the Dark Lord, in the name of brave Regulus! Fight!"

Voldemort was now dueling Professor McGonagall, Slughorn, and Kingsley all at once. Mrs. Weasley had just killed Bellatrix, as Voldemort screamed and sent his competitors flying in the air.

"Pretego!" Harry shouted, ripping the invisibility cloak off of him.

"Harry! He's alive!" People shouted. Lily and James turned around, completely forgetting that they were fighting with death eaters, their eyes landing on Harry, leaving Peter and Remus to fight the death eaters for them.

"I don't want anyone else to help. It's got to be like this. It's got to be me." Harry said loudly as he noticed his parents trying to come to his side.

"Potter doesn't mean that. This isn't how he works, is it? Who are you going to use as a shield today, Potter?" Voldemort asked as they started walking around in a circle, glaring daggers at each other.

"Nobody. There are no more Horcruxes. It's just you and me. Neither can live while the other survives, and one of us is about to leave for good..." Harry said, shrugging his shoulders.

"One of us? You think it will be you, do you, the boy who has survived by accident, and because Dumbledore was pulling the strings?" Voldemort asked.

"Accident, was it? My the old lady had to die for my family? An innocent person? Accident, when I decided to fight in that graveyard? Accident, that I didn't defend myself tonight, and still survived, and returned to fight again?" Harry yelled.

"Accidents! Accident and chance and the fact that you crouched and sniveled behind the skirts of greater men and women, and permitted me to kill them for you!" Voldemort yelled, no one dared to breathe, even the death eaters had stopped their attacks.

"You won't be killing anyone else tonight! You won't be able to kill any of them ever again. Don't you get it? I was ready to die to stop you from hurting these people - "

They screamed at each other back and forth, Voldemort getting angry by the second, but both of them not throwing any spells just yet.

"So it all comes down to this, doesn't it? Does the wand in your hand know its last master was Disarmed? Because if it does... I am the true master of the Elder Wand." Harry whispered.

"Avada Kedavra!"

"Expelliarmus!"

There was a crack of light from both wands, the sound so loud many people covered their ears, the wands meeting in the center of the circle. Voldemort's wand was thrown into the air, it glowed from the sunlight creeping in, before landing in Harry's hand. Voldemort fell backward, his eyes rolling to the back of his head, all life disappearing from his body. Harry stood there with two wands, staring at Voldemort's body.

Then there were screams of joy before everyone started surrounding Harry, James, and Lily at the front, hugging him, almost squeezing him to death, relieved that the war they had been fighting for almost twenty years was finally over.