Indomitable Creatures and Her

Beginne am Anfang

"I know the legends, because I invented them." You finally looked up to see his focused expression on you.

"Trust me, Y/n." He said, eyes stuck on you. The offer that often lingered in your mind since the day you met him. Unaccustomed sorrow welled up in your stomach. Almost like heartburn you knew standing in the middle of the castle nearing noonday, you couldn't just choke it down. Squeezing his hand as a sign of a long-awaited answer, you slowly nodded.

"My father will have your head, if he burns me alive." You muttered conservatively to Daemon.

Blessed with a genuine smile, Daemon whispered. "He has a name."

***

A sudden eruption in roars before unsettling silence filtered down on the ground of the Dragonpit

A sudden eruption in roars before unsettling silence filtered down on the ground of the Dragonpit. Eyes guided towards what caused the disturbance, you caught a glimpse of familiar reason. Now with everything swelling up to a head, you did not realize you were ready for it.

A red, huge, lean creature landed a few feet away from you. Astonished by the size of the dragon, you could not help but envision this creature in battles. He was formidable, fearsome, and experienced. The Dragonkeepers stood behind you, whereas Daemon approached Caraxes. Palms touching the rough skin, he brought his forehead closer against the dragon as a mother would soothe her child in tender touch, sealing the display of affection.

"Give me your hand." Daemon's fixed look separated from his dragon and he gazed out at you.

Tearing your eyes away from Caraxes you looked at Daemon, not a single muscle twitched on your face. "He will not like me. I'm cold."

"What a concurrence. He is fond of cold-hearted women. Come here." His voice accompanied with a deep roar behind him.

Shoulders set back, face lifted forward you approached the two reasons of your unrest, footsteps crunched under the dry gravel of the Dragonpit. You raised your hand up in the air and brought it closer to the skin of Caraxes when Daemon's hand clasped over yours and pressed it against the dragon's face.

Your shoulders remained still, letting your gaze look up at the light brown eye of the dragon that was looking directly at you.

"Don't tremble. He feels your fear." Daemon's voice came beside you.

"Thank you, Daemon. Now that you have said that, I absolutely feel safe." You muttered to him.

Even standing in front of your greatest nightmare, you did not hold back to give a snarky response to the other dragon.

Disregarding your response, his eyebrow shot up, the idea peaking interest in him. "Are you ready?"

"For what?"

"To see the King's Landing from such view that no any man could ever show you."

Helping you to get on Caraxes' back he turned to warn you to hold on tighter and noticed halfway that your arms were already wrapped around his body momentarily you'd gotten up on the dragon. Pulling him to your embrace and squeezing him tightly. Caraxes swayed in his place before taking off to the clouds but you made sure to shut your eyes immediately.

"Don't forget to open your eyes occasionally." Daemon smirked before petting the dragon's back.

" Daemon smirked before petting the dragon's back