First Wand

"Wake up, sunshine." Nesta moaned and opened her eyes. Gabe was on top of her panting, his hot breath sinking into her nose. Nesta covered her face to avoid any slobber. "Five more minutes."

"You said that five minutes ago." Eris snaked his hands on each of Nesta's sides scribbling his fingers to create a ticklish reaction. Nesta yelped and covered her mouth, not wanting the slightest of giggles to escape. "Eris, stop it."

"I warned you I'd get you to wake up. Now, are you gonna brush your teeth or am I going to have to tickle you just a little bit longer." Nesta couldn't see, but she can tell Eris was smirking. Dang, he's good. "Okay okay, I'm up."

"Good. Now brush your teeth, I can smell your dragon breath from a mile away." Eris complained, petting Gabe's snout. Nesta rolled over on her back and stretched her arms. "The orientation isn't until tonight."

"And the train leaves at noon. Up you go." Eris held out his hand for Nesta who gladly accepted it and helped her out of bed.

Eris and Nesta left the hut an hour later, along with Nesta's complaints about not getting any food for breakfast. Eris assured her that the train will provide her with all the snacks she needs.

Nesta looked around the town they were passing through viewing the shops with a wide open personality. "Wow, cool!" Nesta heard a few voices and naïve laughter as she looked at a group of kids, looking through a shop window. "A Nimbus 2000!" one of the children said. Nesta wanted to take a look as well but Eris pulled her along the path.

-----------------

"Nesta, it says here that all you need is an animal partner and a wand." Eris had said, checking off almost everything Nesta will need for Hogwarts. Nesta was busy pushing the cart through the crowd of people. "An animal partner?" she asked, stopping in her tracks. Eris turned his head towards her. "Yep. You can choose between an owl, a toad, or a cat." Eris didn't fail to notice the disgusted look on Nesta's face when he mentioned a toad. "I know, few wizards and witches have toads."

"Where do I get my wand?" Nesta asked eager to change the subject. Eris bonked himself on the head. "Darn it, I knew we almost missed a turn." Eris turned around and placed his hand on Nesta's shoulder. "Nesta, do you see that shop just at the end of the corner we passed?" Nesta look in Eris's direction. The shop was clear as day. "Yeah?"

"I need you to go in there and pick out a wand. I'll meet you back here in a few minutes."

"Where will you be?"

"Just around the corner." Eris responded, walking off before Nesta could say another word. Not wanting to say something she'll regret, Nesta opened the door to the shop.

Nesta walked inside. The inside was filled with a front office desk occupied by a person with a pair of bat wings. She was wearing glasses with red streamers on the ends. The woman looked at Nesta with surprise. "Well I'll be. It's Nesta Archeron." she said making Nesta blush. "I came here-"

"For a wand? You've come to the right place, child." the woman replied. She went into the back of the shop to retrieve a few wands. "We have plenty of wands." the woman grabbed on from a case and handed it to Nesta. It had a swirly pattern that traveled all the way around the wand. "It's pretty."

"Indeed it is. Why don't you give it a wave?

Nesta inhaled and waved the wand. It sparked and zapped in the direction it was pointing to causing a large pile of other wands to fall out of place. Nesta gulped. "Sorry."

"That's alright dear. Try this one." the woman replied handing her another wand. Nesta accepted it and waved it in another direction. Again, the wand sparked and zapped causing another damage to occur in the shop. "Not that one."

"Nope. Surely not." Nesta gave her back the two wands that didn't work before. She looked down in sower. "Don't fret my dear. Not everyone finds their wand on the first try."

"How do you know Miss...um..."

"Magana."

"Miss Magana? How did you find your wand?" the woman chuckled, her wings fluttering in movement. "I never found my wand. My wand found me. Now then, how about this one?" Nesta took in the wand in Magana's hand. This wand was dark brown with a gold trim at the bottom. The middle was in carved 'L.A' Nesta grabbed the wand and held it close. Immediately, it began to glow. Nesta stared into its light, everything else around her completely oblivious.

Magana giggled. "I knew that would be the one." she said as Nesta smiled. "How come?"

"That want belongs to your mother. Lily Archeron. I kept it for safe keeping just in case." Magana replied.

Before Nesta could thank her for the wand, a knock on the window made her turn around. It was Eris. He was holding a black cat with a green bow tied around its neck. Its yellow eyes caught Nesta's attention before Nesta could look at Eris. "I believe that means it's time for you to get going." Magana suggested as Nesta nodded in agreement.

When Nesta walked out of the shop. the wand still in her hand, she was met with a black cat curling at her feet. Nesta beamed. "She's adorable."

"Last one they had in stock. We got lucky." Eris said, proud that he found the last cat they had. Nesta picked her up, careful of the wand in her hand. "So, did you get your wand?"

"Yep. Now, we can head over to the train."

"Well, not yet." Eris smiled nervously. Nesta tilted her head in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"There's one last stop on our list."