Where it all began....

UPDATE! This was wrote on discord, so the two "**" is suppose to be bold, and the one "*" is suppose to be italics. Bold represents a shift, onomonopia, or anything that's not character speach. Italics represents movement or something that I couldn't/didn't want to explain in plain text/pov's.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
The loud ringing of the alarm woke Columbina.
"6 am..." Columbina sighed.
She shot out of bed; her messy black and pink hair covering bits of her face, the sun shining into her eyes.
She slowly stepped out of her bed, and began getting ready for the day, when a soft melody broke her from her trance. It was a ringtone, it was her ringtone.
"Hmm? Why would I get a call at this hour?" Columbina muttered to herself.
She'd rustle to her nightstand, trying to clear her foggy eyes enough to check her phone.
She'd slowly read the name, "Arlechinno".
Her hand reached down to answer.
"Yes, dear? Columbina said, playfully.
Arlechinno scoffed, slightly annoyed, and yet happy by Columbina's words of endearment, while beginning to speak.
"Yesterday." She'd take a long pause. "You kept bugging me to hang out."
FLASHBACK TO YESTERDAY
"Arlechinno~" Columbina called, playfully.
Arlechinno turns her head to look at Columbina.
"Hm?" Arlechinno questioned.
"We should hang out!"
"What exactly do you mean by that?" Arlechinno said, skeptically."
*Columbina giggled at her obvious confusion.*
"Well...the only time we talk anymore is at work."
"huh...I wonder why." Arlechinno said, sarcastically.
"Whatever is that suppose to mean?" Columbina questioned.
"I meant said that because-" She stopped speaking.
"Don't think into it too much..." she sighed.
"I'll try to make plans, okay?" Arlechinno said, almost unenthusiastically.
Columbina's POV."Don't think into it too much?".... "Don't think into it too much?"... What does she mean by that? Does she mean she doesn't want to hang out...? Was I just rejected?!
She was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts, not even realizing Arlechinno was speaking to another harbinger on the phone.
"Hey, theres a meeting. I have to go.", Arlechinno said, sternly.

There was a sudden sharp pain in Columbina's chest. She was overthinking, she couldn't stop overthinking.
Intrusive thoughts filled her head for the rest of the evening, into the late night.
"What does that mean...?"
"She's uninterested....."
"Did I say something wrong?"
"I should apologize."
Columbina snapped out of her thoughts."Oh...have fun!" Columbina said, forcing amusement in her voice

Thats all for today folks!! Thanks for comming to read I really appreciate it <3
As of now, I have a standardized reading test, so I'll probably be dead all today and tomorrow  (9/9/2022), but I'll be trying to make small updates whenever I have the time!

Take care of yourself dearies <3