Chapter 27- Player

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I have those sweatpants, nothing special, they are probably  a little too big but I don't think I have anything that would fit." He says with a chuckle as he hands the Ralph Lauren sweats to me.

"Thank you. No problem. I bet they are comfy. Are they yours?" as I frown at the size. They are a little too big for me but definitely not Kaden's size.

"Yeah. I wore them when I was like 14 but I still haven't gotten rid of them."
"Aww. Did they grow to your cold heart? And I fought you were the use and toss guy?" I mock him.

"Mhm. Sure. You know. I was wearing them when I first pleasured a girl. Nothing I would ever forget." He mocks me back.

I roll my eyes and fake a gag.
"I will wait outside." He says, pointing over his shoulder at the door.

"No. stay. I am just putting on sweatpants. I am bored if I am alone."

"Wow. The thing is normal people would think you are super drunk but I know you well enough to know this is just you. The alcohol makes you confident, though."

"How funny." I look at him deadly serious.
"And now close your eyes. You being here doesn't mean you can look."

"Wouldn't have dared in my wildest dreams." He replies, the corner of his lips slightly twitching upwards.

I let the towel drop and as fast as I can I pull up the pants. They almost slip back down over my hips but I catch them and try to tighten them around my waist. The shakiness of my hands stop me from tieing the strings. Pain that feels like little lightning strikes causes my heart to pound faster in panic.

I let out a sigh.
"I feel a Deja Vu. Kaden?" I look at the ground in defeat. Embarrassed that I couldn't do this easy task alone. Maybe without the alcohol but with it it's an absolute horror.
The most horrific part.
Most people don't even take it seriously because sometimes I can do it. Sometimes when the meds really work I almost feel normal. I mean I am normal but, there is just no pain and then there are those days.
"Should I help you?" he asks, now looking at me.
But as the last time in the park, there is no amusement or pity in his look. Just kindness.

"That would be nice."
He steps closer and looks down at my hands gripping the pants. He carefully takes them and lowers them, while holding the sweats in place.

"And this time you aren't even on your knees, getting yourself dirty." I half-joke.
He lets out a little laugh.
"That's what you want?" He asks looking down at me, his eyes focused on mine.
I look back at his hands to void his gaze and realize he still hasn't tied the strings.
Before I know what's going on I realize he is adjusting his pants so he can get on one knee.
I narrow my eyes at him as I see him looking up at me.

"Happy now?" He asks.
God, he must be drunk.
Fucking busted.

"I never said I wanted this." I tease.
"Sure, sure. I know you. You like getting your men on their knees."

I shake my head in amusement.
"I know it's not my business and you don't have to answer but you are still on your medication, right? Because on the roof you said-"
"I know what I said on the roof."
I look down at him.

"I am sorry, I was saying this too harshly. I am still taking them."
He gets up again and I thank him. Without the light buzz in my head, this would be so awkward. Carefully he takes my chin in his hand and leans down to me.

"Good. That's... really fucking good."
I let out a sigh and try to avoid his intoxicating gaze, which is telling me how proud he is.
I wanted this.

Aleandra, this is what you wanted.
You got a reaction out of him.

"Mhm. Your reaction back there was pretty good, too."
He tilts his head back a little to study my face, a frown building on his forehead.

"No idea what you mean."
My grin widens.
"Why did you get jealous, Kaden?"

"Me? Jealous. Why would I have been jealous?"

"Ray." One word. The explanation.

"I am not jelaous of you. You can have him. He is not my usual type."

You fucker.

"Tell me you got jealous. Tell me you didn't like him kissing me."

My stomach feels warm from the liquid, my throat sore from the acid, and my head feels light and heavy at the same time.
Tell me, I didn't imagine it.
Tell me, Ray's plan worked.
Tell me, Harvey was right.

"Mhm. I am a businessman. I need something in return."
I narrow my eyes at him playfully but also a little annoyed.
Don't be like the others, Kaden.
"Really. You want something sexual for telling me the truth?"

"No, no. You must have misunderstood me, Ally. I didn't mean it like that. I am not a big supporter of prostitution. Sexwork, in general, can be something good...in a few cases and can make
women feel confident but there are so many cases of prostitution where it's just about female exploitation. Or have you seen me with any prostitutes? No? Well, my mother taught me well."

"We share the same opinion on that matter at least then. What do you want?"

"A date."
I let out a laugh.

"You want a date? With me? Shut up, Kaden."
"What? Why would that be so unreasonable? Maybe I like you, Ally."

"Of course you like me. I am fun but you insulted me quite often since we know each other."
"And I apologized. You never did."
"I was only joking."

He steps closer to me, our chest brushing. I have to tilt my head up to look into his eyes, my lungs not giving me enough oxygen anymore.
My heart pumps as I try to calm my breath.
"I was only joking, too." He replies.

"Admit it."
"Go on a date with me."
I nod in agreement.

He stretches carefully his hand out, studying me for a reaction. He brushes his thumb over my bottom lip as I try to seem unfazed. He tilts his head forward, our lips only inches apart.
"I was a little jealous. Happy?"

I lean closer to his lips and he pushes his body in a smooth motion against mine. I want to let out a groan as for the first time in my life butterflies erupt in my stomach.
Fucking die, butterflies.

At that moment I lean away.

"Ray and Harvey were right."
His brows frown and he moves his body a little away from me.
God, he is so gorgeous when he is confused and rubs his thumb over his lip.

"Ray said you don't like to see us together and I wanted to know if this is true. Harvey encouraged it." I nibble at my lip and smile innocently up at him.

"You played me."
"Yeah." I breathe out.
"Remember when you played that trick on me with our assignment and you told me we would fail? I said I will pay you back."

„But not only that. I see it as an experiment. I wanted to know if you look pretty jealous."

"You little vixen." He hisses out but there is no anger on his face.
Just amusement and adoration.

"To what conclusion, do we come here, doctor? What was the outcome of the experiment?"
My smile widens.

„I am so fucking drunk, Kaden. Let's go back to the others." I say and then lean up. I get on my toes and press a soft kiss on his cheek. His skin is smoothly shaven but there despite that there is a roughness about my lips against it. He looks away, a smile on his face, disbelief in his eyes. Before his gaze snaps back to me and he looks dead-serious.

"Don't forget you owe me that date."

"What date? I never said that." I play dumb.
"Or do we have a contract or a verbal agreement that counts as a legal document? You are a businessman, you must know how this works." I tease him.

"Don't forget you are an amateur. I know how those games work."

"An amateur who played you."

"Come on, little player. Let's get out of here before I say something that will hurt your precious ego and you ruin your pretty makeup by crying like a baby."

I roll my eyes and push past him.
"Shut up, boy. Shut up."