Friday, September 23 (still)

So many memories come rushing back to me. The memories I've spent years stowing away come back up to the front of my mind like they never left. I shake my head and close my eyes. Maybe I'm just imagining this. Her smile. Her beautiful smile. No, I won't let myself fall back into this. It's been too long. I shake my head again and open my eyes. The girl is looking at me like I'm a freak. "I'm sorry about that," I say, "It's just that you look very similar to a girl I once knew." She looks down at the piece of paper she has in her hand, then looks back up at me. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" She asks with a smirk. I smile and say, "Good. Very good." She laughs and my heart nearly breaks. Is this girl actually a younger Violet? Did I step into a wormhole of some kind when I came to this diner? "To answer your question," she says, "I came here looking for someone." I look at her skeptically. "Way out here? I'm afraid all you're going to find here is trees and maybe a house or two. Of course this lovely eatery." I say, gesturing to the diner. "Maybe. But I'll keep looking. Just in case." She looked hopeful but exhausted. Like she had been looking for a long time. "I might be able to help you find this person. I live down the dirt road that leads up to this place. If they live around here, then maybe I know them." She looked at me like I might be lying. "I swear, I really do live down there." I say putting my hands up. "Ask Darcy." She laughs a little and says, "It's okay. I trust you." I smile and say, "That's good. Now, tell me this persons name and I'll tell you if I recognize it at all." She nods and unfolds the piece of paper. "His name is Theodore. Theodore Finch."

"Are you sure?" I ask as my heart beats one hundred miles an hour. "Absolutely positive." She hands me the paper and sure enough there it is. "Why? Do you know him?" I laugh nervously. "Well, actually believe it or not that's me." Her mouth slightly drops. "Are you serious?" She asks in a hushed tone. "As a heart attack." What's going through my mind right now is why in the world has this young girl been looking for me. She puts her hands to her face and leans forward with her elbows on the table. She finally takes her hands away to reveal her face. She looks at me and says quietly, "I really need to talk to you."