Part 2

The air is cold and dry like always.

The wind keeps banging itself against my window.

"You stupid useless latch" I mutter as I get up from my bed and latch my window back up. I cease to hear the bangs made by the wind. I finally stand and realize I can not avoid this situation anymore. My nerves have got to the better of me. I know I can't wuss out of it, at least not anymore.

I get a few more pieces of clothing and place them at the center of my suitcase. Once that's done I head towards the door but not before stopping and just letting go of the breath I've been holding in since the start.

This is it. I mutter.

I won't be seeing this room again. Not for a while at least. There's nothing special about my room anyways, nothing worth raving about. It's plain, old, and wet. The floorboards squeak every time you move. And when it rains, and it rains all the time, I have to place Bowls all around the room. There's nothing special about it like I said. Anything of value I've got is all in my suitcase ready to go.

The moment I make contact with the outside I realize I should have worn a warmer jacket. The icy air instantly hits my face making my sunken cheeks red and cold to the touch. I regain my structure and grip my suitcase tighter and head towards the cab right outside my apartment building which looks just as boring and plain as the inside.

The cab is ordinary. Yellow with accents of black, and the typical box light that adorns the tops of most yellow taxi cabs. The inside is gray and clean. The window payne that divides me and the driver has a couple smudges but that's all I can see. It smells heavily of cigarettes, which can only be from the driver himself who Carries a cigarette between two fingers, whilst blowing smoke out from the side of his mouth out towards the open window.

Once I'm settled and put my suitcase down next to me, he throws his cigarette out the window and puts the car into drive and thats where my old life ends, and the start of my new life begins.

:>