Chapter 12: Daddy Issues

Start from the beginning

Scarlett quickly stopped him from moving by tackling him. She gripped him by both of his wrists, pinning him to the bed. She straddled him by the waist, keeping him down. "You're not going anywhere."

Klaus, with his regained strength, turned the tables on Scarlett, pinning her down on the bed. She struggled under him, trying to move when a smirk formed on his face. "You think your stronger than me?"

"No, I just think I'm smarter than you." She retorted, flipping him back onto the bed. Scarlett held him down like before but with even more strength. "Talk to me before you do anything. Maybe we can figure something out, yeah?"

Once she earned a nod from Klaus, she removed herself off of him, laying beside him on the bed.

"In the year 1919, Rebekah and Marcel spoke with a witch about something. A way to get rid of me. The way to get rid of me was the thing I had been running from for centuries... my father."

"I'm sorry about your father. I've heard about him and he's seemed like a dick." Scarlett commented.

Klaus chuckled at her comment and nodded. "Yeah, you could say that."

"When I made my first kill, I triggered my werewolf side. He thought of me as an abomination. He's spent all these years trying to kill me until... I finally killed him." Klaus explained the story to her. "It was actually a very great death, he turned to ashes and-"

"I bet you enjoyed it." Scarlett cut him off with a smirk. "I would too."

"I'm sorry about your father." She apologized, looking to him sadly. "No one deserves to go through that. My father and your father would be great friends."

Klaus looked to her, noticing her change in tone. "What do you mean, love?"

"My father left when I was 8." She began, fidgeting with her fingers. "He found out that my mom and I were witches and he tried getting us killed. My mom beat him to it though. She got taken in by the coven of witches here and she became totally brainwashed."

"Anyways..." Scarlett brushed off the topic of conversation. "I think you should forgive Rebekah. All she wants is a bit of freedom. You should understand that."

Klaus processed her words before nodding slowly, making Scarlett think he agreed. 

...

Scarlett sat on the nearby couch, reading a book when she heard Klaus groan. He attempted getting out of bed but struggled terribly. He nearly fell to the ground but Scarlett used her vampire speed to catch him before he did. "You're still weak."

"I'm still hungry." He retorted. "There's a fresh blood supply in the kitchen."

"You won't make it that far." She assured him, placing him back down onto the bed. "So, be a good boy and get back into bed."

"If I had a quid for every time a woman has tried that line on me." He joked flirtatiously.

Scarlett rolled her eyes as she scoffed at his comment. "You'd be broke."

"I beg to differ." He argued. "Some women actually find me quite charming."

He proceeded to tell a story about how he slept with a witch in the year 1919. He had just formed an alliance with the witch and she gave him tickets to that night's opera show, Le Huguenots.

"Opera?" She repeated. "You are such an old man."

"I always had a particular soft spot for Le Huguenots. I like the story." He admitted as he slowly got out of bed, holding onto the bar. "It was a tale of forbidden love, a Romeo and Juliet of sorts. On the day they are to marry, family and long-festering hatred intervene. Thousands are massacred. A father even kills his own child in the final act. I can almost appreciate the irony."