32. Last Evening In Goa

Start from the beginning

Ram and Priya went upstairs to their room and sat in the balcony.
Ram: Ummm...I needed to talk to you about something.
Priya(with a smile): What?
Ram: Ummm...woh...
Priya: Hmmm?
Ram: Do you really wanna go back to KM?
Priya looked at him totally shocked.
Ram: Umm...that sounded kinda misleading. I actually wanted to know if you're okay with us staying at the Farmhouse for somedays.
Still she was looking at him open mouthed.
Ram: Priya? Tum sunn rahi ho na?
Priya(breaking her shocking expression): Umm...ha maine suna. It's just that it's too shocking. Why?
Ram: Ummm...I don't know Priya. I don't like the vibe of that house anymore. I know if you and Pihu start living there it would feel better but honestly I don't want Pihu to grow up there as I do feel it'll give her some negative vibes. I know that we have a lot of memories there. Shivi's memories are there. But...
Priya: But?
Ram: But I want a fresh start with you both. Of course if only you agree. Priya that is a house, it's not a home anymore without you there and of course Pihu.
Priya: But you build that house with so much care and hardwork...how can I...
Ram: It doesn't matter Priya. It's just that all these years they mentally tortured me, manipulated me and I.....ummm....I never liked to go back there. It haunts me now. Ummm...I know that you came into my life entering there and then you had to leave cause I didn't have the courage to stand up for you against Nandini Kapoor.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor please....
Ram: No let me say this. The case got opened again because you gave me the support and I let Meera aunty take you away and told you that you won't be a part of it. I let her take you away from me, from that house, your home! You never went...back. It was my fault mujhe tumhe tumhare ghar se nahi le jaane dena chahiye tha. Mujhe tumhe rokna chahiye tha! I should've stood up for you! But I didn't!
Priya mujhe koi justification nahi dena. I'm sorry for everything.

Priya: I also didn't trust you when you showed me the proof. I was so blind in trusting her. I'm sorry.
Ram: But you confronted her Priya. Yes you didn't trust me right away. She's your mother. Of course you trusted her more than anyone. But it's not fair what I did.
Priya sighed deeply.
Priya: Are you sure you don't wanna go back there?
Ram: Only if you want that of course. It's not only about my wishes, your wishes equally matters to me. If you want koi baat nahi we'll stay there only.
Priya: So what's the plan then?
Ram looked at her in utter shock.
Ram: You want to...move...from KM?
Priya: Of course if it bothers you that much Mr. Kapoor. Anyways for me home is where you and Pihu are together with me. I understand that we have very fond memories attached to KM but if you're saying that you don't like it there anymore and you feel that it won't be good for Pihu, I know you are saying this for a reason. Koi aise uss ghar ko chodke kahi aur move karne ki baat nahi karta. We can make you memories there too.
Ram smiled at her widely.
Ram: Thank you for understanding.
Priya nodded with a smile.
Ram: Okay so I didn't start looking for a house yet because tumse pooncha nahi tha. But I think it'll take a little time. Like 2-3 weeks maybe to finalize a house, decor, and for shifting.
Priya(with big eyes): 2-3 week?
Ram: I know thoda zyada ho raha hai.
Priya: No no no. 2-3 weeks are too less that's why I said that.
Ram: Oh...umm...yeah it'll barely take 2-3 weeks. Ho jayega Priya.
Priya(rolling her eyes, shaking her head): Yeah I tend forget who you are!
Ram: I'll take that as a compliment only.
Priya: Compliment hi tha.
Ram: Ha tum toh kabhi seedha seedha compliment deti nahi ho. Ghuma phirake always. I'm used to it.
Priya let out a chuckle putting her index finger under her nose, covering her mouth.
"Ah! How much I missed seeing her chuckle like this. Priya I just want you smiling like this. I'll try my best to be the life partner you deserve.", Ram thought.
Priya: But wouldn't it be a problem for you? Ummm...to go to office and come home as the Farmhouse is a little too far from the office.
Ram: No...koi nahi I'll manage. Anyways I don't think I'll be going to office everyday after signing the deal. I'll change my schedule.
Priya: Okay.
Ram(smiling): Okay then I'll sort out some houses then we all can choose our new home together.
Priya(smiling): Thik hai.
Ram: Ab thik lag raha hai. I couldn't understand first why I was feeling anxious about going back to Mumbai of course media and all are there but they'll be handled don't worry. Then it strike me that the moment I'm thinking about KM, ummm.....you leaving from there is coming in front of my eyes. Just imagining Pihu in that living room....it's not giving me a good feeling.
Priya(nodding): I understand.
Ram nodded.
Ram: Pihu will be okay with this na? I don't want her to take stress because of this. Waise bhi poora din she keeps saying stress ho raha hai aur woh peppermint ki goli khati rehti hai.
Priya(chuckling): Yes she'll be fine.  You're going to be with us.
Ram(dreamily looking at Priya): Yayyy! We're going to live in a new house. Our home. Ghar mein na sunlight achhe se aani chahiye. Ek pyaara sa garden hoga. We can plant different types of flowers. You know like gardening together. Pihu ko achha lagega. Ek swimming pool hoga. We can add jhoolas! We can choose everything together. We can have a dog. Aur tum batao what can we do?
As much as Priya loved him talking about their future. The moment she heard Dog, she became very very alert. Aren't there already 2 kids(including Ram ofc cause he's the younger one)?
Priya(glaring at Ram): A dog?
Ram(nodding innocently)?: Haaa...a dog! Kitne pyaare hote hain.
Priya: No.
Ram: Yaar phirse No! Kyun?
Priya: You 2 kids are enough for us all to handle together. That's why!
Ram(his hand went to his mouth): Priya! This is not fair! Par tumhi ne toh mujhe Raha Chalta Puppy kaha tha! You only said they're cute!
Priya(taking a deep breath): For the hundredth time I'm saying this....Maine Aapko Raha Chalta Puppy Nahi Kaha Mr. Kapoor! Don't try to change the topic by bringing something that you also know I didn't mean.
Ram: But you said puppies are cute! Toh kya problem hai?
Priya: Problem yeh hai ke mujhe hamare ghar mein ek puppy nahi chahiye.
Ram's heart fluttered with joy as Priya said 'Hamara Ghar'.
He knew for now she wouldn't agree but if he tries again and again he might succeed in the future.
Ram(pouting): Please.
Priya: No.
Ram sighed deeply.