XIX. ROMEO AND CENDRILLON

Just like every other fairy tale story, there would always be a poor maiden or a damsel in distress,

And it is not a cliche fairy tale story without a prince charming coming to save her.

It's not like the trend has died down, no? Even in stories today, there are stories of independent women who still need a man to continue.

But enough, we have said enough. Let us start our story.

Shall we?

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵ ︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Starting with our female protagonist, Cendrillon. She was just a commoner child wandering around the streets, begging for the people to at least glance at her to give her small bits of food or money, maybe large ones if they were generous enough.

One day, scavenging around the trash to have her stomach full for at least three days. She met a man, an adult man wearing fancy clothing. It was obvious that he was a nobleman.

But she was just a commoner. She had no education about who this man exactly was.

"You look exactly like her." The man said to the little girl, confused by what he meant.

He kneeled and said in a tone that wouldn't intimidate the girl, "I could give you anything you desire. Food, shelter, dressing, and anything else, but only if you take my hand." He reached out his hand.

You just don't take any stranger's hand, but she was a child that was desperate and clearly didn't know any better, and so she took his hand.

The man walked to a fancy but simple carriage while holding the little girl's hands. Maybe this man wasn't someone in a high power like a duke or a marquis but perhaps a count.

She watched through the carriage's window as the carriage moved. She looks back at the duke, who wasn't saying a thing and has his eyes closed, then continued looking back through the carriage window and sees the busy street.

They finally arrived at the estate. The man gets off the carriage first and then escorted the little girl down too.

The little girl looks at the count's estate. It was beautiful.

It was something that she would never have imagined in her life to step on.

They entered the house to be greeted by their house butler, [.] but soon later, a lady who seems to be around her late 20s followed by two young girls that are around the age of our protagonist.

The lady scoffed, "Ugh! I can't believe you would just... bring home a random child that you found on the streets! I do not see the benefiting factor to.. that."

Her two daughters glared at the little girl.

"Haltière, but please treat this girl as if she's your daughter." The man defended, the lady looked at the little girl and sighed, "If that's what you want..."

"Her name would be Cendrillon." The two of them said at the same time, Is Cendrillon someone who has existed before?

The lady brushed it off, "I am Countess Haltière Tremaine, your stepmother."

"Violet! Come over here!" She raised her voice.

A young lady maid that look like she was in her teens came in and took the girl to her room. "This is your room, my lady."

"I will be your maid. I only serve no one else but you." She gave her a curtsy. The girl copied what she did but had a lot of mistakes.

"You will be needing a lot of lessons, from etiquette to everything else that a noble lady will need."