The Rose

Chapter 2

10:33pm

I'm still here. The lights just flickered, then turned on.

He's still behind me.

He's holding something. What the- its a rose.

It's made of legos. Heh, fitting- fits in his damn hand.

10:35pm *offline*

"Y/N."

What

The

Fuck.

He said something. HE SAID SOMETHING. MY DOLL JUST FREAKING SAID SOMETHING.

"W-w-hat" I shoved the words up my throat and out of my mouth. I was shivering.

The room was freezing.

Ice.

Cold.

"There's a snake in my boot."

It caught me off guard. Thats not even his fucking line. The cold overtook every inch of my body. I was frozen in place - him just right over my shoulder.

His mouth was at my ear.

"Buzz.. what are you holding." I questioned.

"I'm in love with you"

I don't even know how to comprehend this situation anymore.

"What?" At that moment, I felt more confused than I had even been in my entire life. How could a doll I've had for three weeks be freaking in love with me? He doesn't even know me.

"Shhhhhh. Y/N, your parents will hear." I have no idea why I decided to comply with the doll's pleads to be quiet, but it felt right.

"Let me explain."

-silence-

His voice was husky. Not exactly what I had envisioned, but it was quite close. He- the doll, sounded similar to its voice actor in the movie but deeper. Raspier. If he was a real person, I might've gotten butterflies from hearing it.

"Y/N. I've watched you for a while now. I was captivated by your beauty at first but I realized there's so much more to you. I spent all my time looking at you and your hobbies, watching your face light up when you finally figured out a hard homework problem or laughed at a funny tv show." I paused for a second. At that moment, all I could think was 'dayum. If only real guys would talk to me like this.' I sympathized with him, I knew how hard it could be to confess your feelings to someone. But, a doll and a human? That would never work out..

"What do you expect from this? We can never be together. You're a doll and well I'm.. look at me. I'm a human. We could never work." I looked at my floor sadly. His hand glided to my chin as I jumped up a little in shock. He floated around to my front, staring directly into my eyes.

He handed me the rose. "Nothing's impossible."