Chapter One!

Winter was slowly approaching, though it was only October. Mi-ae was in her room with her window wide open looking at the night sky above her. She always waited for airplanes to come by, since she couldn't see any stars in the city. Though it was a shame that the light polluted the skies so much, she managed fine by just looking at airplanes anyways. She had been standing by her window for what seemed to be half an hour before noticing how the frost was crackeling on the brick walls of the apartments. Her arms were cold, even though she wore her fathers winter jacket, she was cold. With every breath she took, small clouds started to form. Then suddenly she noticed. A snowflake landed on the tip of her nose! 
Yes, winter was indeed surprisingly close for being October. She looked up at the night sky, watching the snowflakes forming something that resembled the stars. Her ears and cheeks were red from the cold, and the frost was biting her face. Though her eyes continued to linger at the rare sight. She slowly put her binoculars on the desk and walked towards the window again, and right in front of her. There he was. 

Cheol Kim, her neighbour. They locked eyes for a moment when she finally broke into a smile. "Look up!" She said while pointing at the sky. Cheol opened the window and sighed. "What do you want?" he asked in annoyance. Mi-ae pointed at the sky once again, "Look up!" Mi-ae repeated. So Cheol looked up and then looked at Mi-ae. Her eyes were wide and sparkling with excitement, and her cheeks were red as ripe apples. Cheol was somehow affected by her in some way. Although he didn't really know why that was. Her bangs were crudely tied up in a small ponytail and she looked funny with her dads large oversized jacket on. "It looks like a starry sky doesn't it?" Cheol looked up once again and then at Mi-ae again. She could physically feel Cheol's cold gaze into her eyes. "It does look like a starry sky.." he responded. "Do you really think so?" she asked. Cheol quickly realized what he had said and flinched for a second. "I mean, it kind of does, but real stars look more like... stars" Cheol responded. Mi-ae's smile faded as she noticed Cheol's ears turning red. "What's wrong?" she asked. Cheol furrowed his brows in response "Nothing is wrong! Let me study in peace for once! Stop peeping through the window!" Cheol exclaimed as he shut the window and the curtains. Mi-ae tried to stop herself from getting mad. "YOU WE'RE THE ONE LOOKING AT ME TO BEGIN WITH!" She exclaimed and shut the window. 

Meanwhile Cheol sat down slumped on the floor and leaned his back against the wall. He wiped sweat of his forhead and buried his face in his hands. He didn't mean to look at her to begin with. His eyes just settled on her window and she just happened to notice! He uncovered his face and placed his hand on his chest. Feeling his own heart beating rapidly and his face burning. It wasn't a fever. He knew all to well what he was feeling. But he was in denial, so he instead tried to shake it off and tried to sleep. 

Mi-ae wouldn't go to sleep that night. She would instead read comics to soothe her emotions and go to sleep much later than expected.