𝟐𝟐. 𝐨𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞!

Start from the beginning

"No can do, little sister." he replied in a singsong manner. "Bye-bye!"

Gwen watched the boy placing her phone back on the coffee table. "She's gonna be furious." she commented, slightly concerned for her best friend who was probably fuming out in the cold.

"Ah, nothing new then." Nick chuckled. "Where were we?" he leaned towards her once again.

The Vanderbilt girl pushed his face away. "Maybe I should call back, Blair did say something was wrong with Serena's boyfriend, I should probably help."

"There's always something wrong with that girl's boyfriends." he dismissed rolling his eyes. "She has a taste for the troubled ones and there's nothing you can do about it, Gwennie." the Waldorf boy reached out and put a lock of her hair behind her ear leaving his hand to rest on her jaw. "Now let's talk about all the paradisiacal places we can go during the summer. Just us." he wiggled his brows suggestively.

🎾

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 when Gwen was in the kitchen looking for something to eat — and secretly exchanging texts with Blair because she just couldn't let her friend be completely unsupervised —, that Nick appeared suggesting they go out much to the girl's dismay.

"Let's go to a party?" he suggested grinning like the Cheshire cat.

"Why?" Gwen frowned looking through the pantry inevitably realizing she should've just ordered something from the restaurant down the street. "I'm comfortable here. Aren't you?" she turned from her search looking at him with a raised brown. It was a tricky question and she knew it.

Of course, Nick was comfortable and over the moon to be there with the love of his life, but he also wanted to meet his best friends at a party they described as the 'best one yet'. "C'mon, babe! Ethan's dad is inaugurating a rooftop bar slash night club in that one hotel of his that is near the Empire State. Also, Justin Timberlake might even make an appearance and sing."

"He broke Britney's heart so if you think you're making this sound more appealing, you're really wrong." Gwendolyn deadpanned.

"Okay, fair point." the college boy scratched behind his neck. "He probably won't go anyway, sometimes Ethan exaggerates."

The Vanderbilt girl knew how much being out with the boys meant to her boyfriend, and, from what she had heard, the parties thrown by Ethan's father were remarkable, to say the least. Gwen didn't want to be the annoying girlfriend who held her boyfriend from his friends. However, just the thought of going to an unplanned event made her anxiety rise up — What should she wear? Who would be there? What should she expect? What if everyone hates her? Would that impact her Golden Girl image? Should she be worried about her Golden Girl image anyway? Gwen closed her eyes and sighed hoping to block those intrusive thoughts.

"You can go, I mean, Blair does need my help with Serena so I should probably go there and check on them anyway." in the girl's opinion that was a fair point, from what she read in the texts Serena's shady southerner is way too friendly with Poppy Lifton and that's beyond suspicious. Obviously, Blair will do something about it, the only problem is what that something will be.

"What? No! I don't want to go without you. Besides, I already texted the boys we're going."

"Nicholas!"

🎾

𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐅 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐋𝐘. Always charming and charismatic, easily captivating people wherever he went with that enchanting smile of his. Gwendolyn lost count of how many people he talked with from the moment they set foot in Mr. Hawthorne's building, this attention he evidently attracted was different from the kind that came with Vivienne and William Vanderbilt, G noticed. People that approached her mother and grandfather often did so out of some selfish ulterior motive, because of what could be obtained out of a connection with them. However, the ones approaching Nick seemed just genuinely glad to see him, granted it was mostly college kids his age, but still, it surprised Gwen. It wasn't shocking that he was popular, just that he was well-liked — Nicholas was related to the number one bitch around, Blair Waldorf, after all, and he did have a temper of his own.