𝟐𝟐. 𝐨𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞!

Start from the beginning

"Ah, the poor girl." Gwen grimaced, joining his banter. "Careful or she might end up dumping you."

"Doubt it, she loves me too much."

"You're way too full of yourself."

"But you still love me." he laughed and sat up crossing his legs in a way his body was turned to her, chocolate-colored eyes fully focused on Gwen. "What are our plans for the summer, boss?"

The Vanderbilt girl took a few seconds to answer due to two reasons: 1- It was cute how he effortlessly said 'our plans'. 2- She really hadn't given much thought about where to go or what to do once on vacation. There was honestly some college stuff she still had to take care of, not to mention social gatherings her mother and grandfather would want her to attend. Though Gwen didn't care much about where or how she would spend her summer, as long Nicholas was next to her.

"I hate how cheesy this is gonna sound, but as long as you're with me I really don't care what we're doing or where we are." she confessed hating how hot her cheeks felt. They had been dating for months now, she shouldn't be blushing around him anymore! Right?

Nick shook his head but didn't let go of that grin of his. "Oh no, I'm the cheesy one in this relationship." he put an arm around her shoulders and pushed her closer to him. "You don't get to steal that from me, missy."

They were so close Gwen could see the soft, barely there, laugh lines in the corner of his eyes. Nick did smile and laugh a lot, so it was fitting. The girl raised one of her hands and caressed his face, only to have him lean on her hand. Those brown eyes of his were still glued on her. It made her stomach flutter and her heart beat faster. Up close those dark-colored orbs were complemented by rich shades of copper and specks of gold, they shined with a mixture of confidence and warmth that was just so Nick's. She loved his brown eyes. And she loved him. The couple was about to kiss when Gwen's phone began to ring, causing Nicholas to scoff.

"Hello?" she grabbed the mobile from the coffee table without even checking who was calling.

"Serena's boyfriend is being suspicious and I'm on watch duty now." the determined voice could only belong to her best friend. Who else would waste a Friday night spying on their friend's boyfriend besides Blair Waldorf? Sure the Van Der Woodsen girl's new man was acting weirdly with his dismissive behavior, but it was none of their business. Serena could surely handle it. Right? "You need to come over, I'm positive there's something wrong with him."

"Didn't we agree to leave him be? I'm sure Serena can handle whatever it is that he may or may not be doing." Gwen tried saying her thoughts aloud in hope of actually believing it.

"Don't you know Serena?" Blair raised her voice in that exasperated way of hers. "She becomes blind once she's in love."

"Is that my sister?" Nick questioned and rolled his girlfriend nodded. 

Gwendolyn was having a hard time finding a comeback to Blair's argument because it was indeed true. Their blonde friend did get head over heels way too easily. Luckily, though, the Vanderbilt girl didn't have to come up with any reply as her boyfriend stole her phone.

"Blair, leave my girlfriend alone. Go find someone else to be your sidekick in your schemes tonight." he demanded in that bored yet hard tone he usually used when arguing with his sister. "By the way, don't you have a boyfriend to annoy or something? Maybe you should focus on why you chose to spend a Friday night freezing your ass outdoors spying on some random dude instead of being with Nate."

The girl groaned, her brother was so infuriating. "Shut up, Nicholas." she snapped. "I don't need advice from a guy who was in a fake relationship until some months ago." the quiet laugh she heard from the boy on the other side of the call only annoyed her further. "Just pass the phone back to Gwen already."