Football Transfers From September 04 2022 to August 28 2022

Football transfers from september 04 2022 to August 28 2022 are being reported in various news outlets. Chelsea are set to make a move for Matheus Nunes, Tottenham are interested in signing Richarlison, Everton want to sign Anthony Gordon, and Manchester United want Christian Eriksen.

Chelsea are set to bid for Matheus Nunes

Chelsea are set to submit a PS43m bid for Sporting CP midfielder Matheus Nunes. The midfielder has spent the last three seasons in Lisbon and has been on the Blues' radar. He is expected to make his Premier League debut on August 6, 2022.

Nunes is already considered a top midfield option as he can play on both sides of the field and can assist in both attacking and defensive positions. He is a proven scorer, having netted nine goals last season for Sporting.

The Portuguese midfielder has been linked with several Premier League sides, including Manchester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers. Meanwhile, Liverpool and Manchester City have also been monitoring him. However, a bid from West Ham was rejected. This has not deterred any other club from making a bid for Nunes.

Tottenham are keen on signing Richarlison

Richarlison's contract at Everton is up for renewal this summer, with Tottenham keen to sign him from the Toffees. He is valued at PS60m, including add-ons, and has been a revelation since his move. The Brazilian can play in any of the three attacking positions and has the ability to play on the wing. His celebrations before goals need to be tempered a bit though - VAR is making it much harder to celebrate goals.

Tottenham are keen on signing Richarlision from Everton, but Everton will not sell him for less. Richarlison played an integral role in the Toffees' Premier League survival last season and is an important addition to the attack. They are prepared to listen to offers for the Brazilian, but they will not spend more than they are willing to spend. The Toffees are also interested in signing Tottenham winger Steven Bergwijn. The Dutch club have reportedly made an offer of over $61 million for the player, but Everton are unwilling to pay it, even if he is an important part of their squad.

Everton are interested in signing Anthony Gordon

Chelsea have been linked with a reported PS45 million deal for Gordon. But Everton are unlikely to sell the striker for such a small fee. The Toffees have already rejected several bids for Gordon. Newcastle United and Tottenham have also shown an interest in the player.

Gordon's potential and club loyalty have made Everton contemplate selling him to a foreign club. The academy graduate is highly regarded in the local community and could well fetch more than the asking price. In addition, the Toffees' fans would love to see a local player in royal blue. The transfer fee could be more than $60 million.

Gordon has been linked with Chelsea over the past few weeks. According to Fabrizio Romano, the negotiations between the two clubs are complicated.

Manchester United are interested in signing Christian Eriksen

United have been monitoring the Danish midfielder's situation for a while now. Last summer, they made an approach to sign him on a free transfer. However, the Danish international refused the deal. He ended up joining Inter Milan in January 2020. Although he is still only 30, United are interested in signing him to help improve their midfield. United are also keen on signing the Dutch international Frenkie de Jong, who they believe can bring more composure and ball retention to the team.

Eriksen's contract with Brentford expired in June. In June, Manchester United offered Eriksen a three-year deal. Eriksen had previously verbally agreed to join United, but only accepted a six-month deal at Brentford. Eriksen collapsed on the pitch in the opening game of the Euro 2020 tournament against Finland. However, Manchester United are hoping to land the player by the time the team flies home.

Liverpool could sell Mohamed Salah this summer

Liverpool are rumoured to be ready to sell the Egyptian forward this summer, with reports that Manchester City and Real Madrid have already expressed an interest. Salah's transfer would allow Liverpool to replenish their squad and ensure they stay at the top of English football. The reason behind the speculation is that Salah's current contract with Liverpool expires at the end of the 2022/23 season, and it is believed that Liverpool have failed to reach an agreement with the player on an extension of his contract.

Salah's future is uncertain, as reports suggest he could join Real Madrid for free next summer. While Salah's contract at Liverpool is up in June, it is not impossible that Real Madrid would make a move for the Egyptian, especially considering the fact that Barcelona are also interested in him.