I interrupted as i was done prepping the dog for transport. "Look i work as a vet in a clinic... i am going to take him there so i can treat him better.... i just need your permission..." 

"Can i come with you?" Chris said looking at me all sad. The woman was fuming at this her hands on her hips. "Really? You're going to leave your own party?" Chris just ignored her, i could see he was trying his hardest to stay calm which i could understand. I would have not been so calm if someone had locked up my dog and he got hurt due to that.

I grabbed my bag shoving it in his arms and lifted the dog from the table. "Yeah, you can come." I said walking out with the dog in my arms to my car the woman walking behind us screaming at Chris. Chris his brother Scott came running up to us as i was loading the dog into the backseat. I finally gave in as i was thinking of his name from the moment i lifted him up from the bedroom. "What is his name?" I asked as Scott reached us. "Dodger" Chris said giving me a small smile. 

"Make sure everyone is out within the hour... party is over." Chris said to Scott and i could see Scott nod. I closed the door and opened the door for me to get in. "Are you still coming?" I asked Chris, and he nodded. "Take good care of him and thank you." Scott said smiling at me and i just nodded back not knowing how else to respond. Chris and Scott said something else to each other but i couldn't hear. The door of the passenger side opened, and Chris got in.  I started the car and drove off. 

Neither of us said anything as i drove to the clinic. Chris was too preoccupied with Dodger and i didn't mind... i was not much of a small talker... And what was there to say? I was just happy he didn't go off at me for snooping... but who knows that still could come. I just sighed. 

I arrived at the clinic and parked the car in front of the door it was late so nobody would be here so i was in nobody's way. I lifted Dodger out of the car and carried him inside not wanting Chris to carry him as i could smell the alcohol on him while he was sitting next to me in the car. The last thing Dodger needed was Chris dropping him or falling over with him. 

I gave Chris the keys and he opened the door for me after which i told him the code and he put it in the alarm system. The lights immediately went on and i walked to the exam room putting Dodger down on the table. 

I grabbed some sedation so Dodger wouldn't be in pain or start to struggle while i worked on him. After he was out, I grabbed some scissors and cut off the bandages and grabbed the clippers to shave the fur off around the wounds so i could check them out better. Chris his face went whiter by the minute as i kept shaving. "9 cuts in total" I mumbled.  "It looks worse than it is" I said looking at Chris who had sat down in one of the chairs looking totally lost. "He needs stiches and will be groggy for a few days, but he will be okay." Chris just nodded as i kept on working. 

I had stitched him up and put him on fluids. It was all i could do now it was just a waiting game. I was cleaning up when Chris his phone rang. He looked at it and just pressed the ignore button. Is it save for me to assume you hadn't put him in that room yourself... i said breaking the silence. He nodded. "My girlfriend did... she finds him annoying." He whispered. I shook my head... It shouldn't surprise me anymore what people would do to animals. "My guess is that he knocked over the mirror and got it over him breaking it..." I said and Chris looked at me shocked. "At least that is what i could make of it before picking him up and taking him to the kitchen..." 

He didn't say anything just looked at Dodger. "I wasn't snooping...." i said starting to feel uncomfortable as i know had nothing to do anymore but to wait. "I heard whining... i could hear an animal in pain...." Chris looked up at me and gave me a little smile. "It's okay... i should thank you... who knows what would have happened otherwise..." I let out a sigh of relief. I sat down on a chair waiting for Dodger to wake up.