Chapter one- My sad Genshin obssesion

Y/n L/n. This is the name of a girl who has an utterly and painfully....boring life. The sisteen year old highschooler has absolutely no social life whatsoever, because of her extreme anxiety. She grew up in an orphanage, with no caring parental figure, and no supporting friends. Whenever she had tried to make friends or recieve comfort from one of the nun, she would eiher be made fun of or oused aside. Due to this the poor girl grew up without love and became extremely socially awkward, and developed anxiety.

When she turned sisteen she decided to get away from the orphanage and live in her own apartment, working at a local book store, and attending high school. Although she was lonely and had no friends, she had found her own source of comfort to calm her down and make her happy. he discovered a game called Genshin Impact. And thus the obssesion began.

She played the game every time she had free time. She had collected all sorts of collecters items of the game, and even read fanfictions of herself being in the game.

Her favoutite fanfictions were ones were she was the "creator" of the world. Most of the fanfiction were yandere and there weren't too many of the creator au stories. But they made her feel a type of love she had never felt before. It comforted her. Although she didn't really like that they were all mostly yandere, she did appreciate the love and attention from the characters. But she always had to remind herself that it wasn't real, and it always broke a bit of her heart. All she wanted was to be loved.

There were two fanfics in particular that she loved the most. One was were she had become the creator and everyone had adored her, and the second one.....well nothing like the first one. In the second one, she had become the creator, but everybody had accused her of being a fake and pretending to be their lovely creator, ending up killing her. Now that didn't sit right with her. In fact it ended up scaring the poor girl so much that she had a nightmare about it once. But it still didn't affect the love she had for the game.

Right now Y/n is currently out grocery shopping, as well as trying to avoid anybody she knows from school.
"Phew...Almost though I was gonna be seen by Stacy. She's really annoying. Don't get me wrong she's nice, but way too energetic for an introvert like me." Y/n though as she came out of her hidding spot from the ramen aisle.

She continued to do her shopping and made her way to the self check-out. She quickley paid and headed towards the exit but was unfortunately stopped by the one and only Stacy Mansell.
"Y/n! Heyy~ How are you girl?"
'I was doing great until you started talking to me.' She thought with a dissapointed look on her face.
"Oh I'm doing fine, how bout you Stacy?"
"Oh wonderful now that you're here. I was so bored, but now that we've bumped into each other...we should totally hang out." She said while twirling her hazelnut locks between her fingers.
"Y'know I would totally love too but unfortunately I already have plans for tonight." Y/n said while trying to make her escape by walking past Stacy.

However that plan quickley went down the drain as Stacy grabbed Y/n's shoulder and spun her back around to face her.
"Seriously? Can't you just reschedule those plans of yours?" Stacy asked, her voiced laced with irritation.
"Yeah, no sorry. I can't it's really important. Maybe next time yeah?"

"Oh no, there isn't going to be a next time. You always do this, you always say next time. But when next time comes you say you have plans! The only reason I'm trying to hang out with you is because I feel sorry for you. You have no friends and no social life. But fine! If you wanna act like a bitch, then good bye!" Stacy said before storming off.

'Well at least I won't have to deal with her anymore.' Y/n thought as she made her way home.
'Huh? Looks like it's gonna rain tonight. Whatever it's not like I was planing to go outside anyway. It's a Saturday night, and that means I'm gonna stay up all night playing Genshin.

___________________

It was currently 3 Am, and Y/n was busy fighting all sorts of mosnsters in order to ascend some of her characters. She had been playing for 4 hours now and was too invested to pay attebtion to the massive storm outside.
The rain was getting heavier and heacier and the wind was picking up. Lightning was dancing around as the the thunder was singing it's usual tune.

*BOOM!* *CRACKLE!*

Suddenly the power went out and the computer had fried itself. Though no sound of dissapointment or complaintes from the sisteen year old. When the computer fried it also electrocuted the poor girl. Leading her to fall off her chair and on the floor. Falling into unconsiousness. A few seconds later the screen of the computer lit up, only showing flickered pictures of the classic Genshin app icon, before once again shutting off for good.