"We go to the doctor next week. Hopefully, they clear her for school. I think Volleyball is gonna be a little further out," Hailey smiled, squeezing her daughter's hand.

"I'm just happy I still have my spot. It's gonna be my junior year, I couldn't lose it," she smiled, staring at her uniform.

"I'm glad you still want it, the girls have been asking about you,"

"Can I come to a practice?" Kamryn asked, looking between Hailey and Jamie.

"One," Hailey smiled, happy to let her watch one practice and see where it goes.

—————

After another nap for both of them, they both decided that brownies sounded good and headed to the kitchen.

Kamryn got all the bowls and mixing utensils while Hailey got the mix and ingredients out beforehand.

They were both working around each other in the kitchen when Hailey opened their bag of flour, took some out, and dropped it on Kamryn's head.

"Mom!" Kamryn squealed in surprise, grabbing some of the sugar they had out, and throwing it at Hailey.

"Ohhhh you!" Hailey laughed, taking the whole bag of flour and pouring it all on top of her daughter. The amount of laughter that came from Kamryn made Hailey's heart burst.

"I'm gonna get you for that!" She yelled, grabbing a bottle of water and running after Hailey. As soon as she got close enough, she poured the entire contents of the bottle on her mother, getting chased back to the other room.

Hailey got the milk jug while Kamryn grabbed the sprayer from their sink both of them making a mess of each other. Neither realized the time as the back door lock clicked, signaling Jay coming home.

"Should we get him?" Hailey asked in a whisper, immediately getting a nod and a snicker out of Kamryn.

Jay came through the door, his eyes widening at the sight of the mess his girls had made. "What's going on?"

"Nothing," Kamryn said as she stifled a laugh.

"Doesn't look like nothing," Jay commented as he got in the carton of eggs and cracked both over his wife's and daughter's head.

"Get him!!" Hailey yelled, both of them chasing Jay out of the house and into the rainy weather.

The family played in the rain like children, Kamryn jumping on her father's back in an attempt to tackle him. Both of them ended up falling into the grass, Jay and Kamryn grabbing Hailey's hands and pulling her down too.

The older couple that lived next door had heard the screams and came outside to see why but only saw the family of 3 having a fantastic time. The woman grabbed a little disposable camera and snapped a few pictures, hoping to get them to Hailey someday.

——————

"Let's all go take a shower and get the house cleaned," Hailey chuckled, all 3 of them going to their own bathrooms and taking fast showers.

Once the house was cleaned up, the family ended up all on the couch, watching a movie. Kamryn was snuggled in between her parents, dozing off against her dad as the movie played.

"She asleep?"

"Yeah, she's out," Jay smiled, looking down at their daughter.

"She smiled so much today, I missed it," Hailey sighed, putting a blanket around the teenager.

"The case is finally closed but, the ones with kids. They get to me. They have since we had Kam, but coming home to that. Seeing how much she was smiling and laughing made it all disappear," Jay sighed, turning the TV off so he could talk to his wife.

"Coming home to her has always made it better. Happy or not, she's our whole world,"

"That she is,"

——————

A/N: Here you go guys! One more for the weekend!  Hope you enjoy!!