Chapter 6: Gone Girl

Start from the beginning

Marcel turned on his heel to walk away but was stopped by Klaus. "Where are you going?"

"I hate to cut this short, but the sun's coming up soon." Marcel began. "My nightwalkers need to get inside, and I have got a city to run. I leave you to track down your lost sheep. "

Once Marcel was gone, Klaus looked to the other hybrid that sat beside him. He noticed how she was zoning out and fidgetting with her fingers. "You alright, love?"

Scarlett snapped out of the trance she was in, looking to Klaus. "Yeah, I'm fine." She gripped onto the arms of her chair, getting up. "Let's just get this over with."

Scarlett moved to stand beside Sabine. The two women glared at one another before holding the other's hands. Scarlett thought to herself quickly, secretly casting a spell in her head. The spell in question burned Sabine on the hand making her wince.

"Oh, sorry." Scarlett forced a fake smile.

Klaus noticed this and smirked before looking to his brother. They both stared at one another, both of them realizing how great it was to have Scarlett on their side.

...

Sabine and Scarlett hovered their hands over a map where a trail of Klaus' blood ran across. They figured that if Hayley was carrying Klaus' kid then they could track the baby. The blood trail led to the back country where the Bayou was.

"She's in the back country. Way up past Houma, deep in the Bayou." Sabine revealed.

"I don't suppose you could be more precise?"

"What's the matter, Elijah? You're worried a bit of splashing about in the bog might ruin your expensive shoes?" Klaus taunted Elijah.

"As a matter of fact, after my recent confinement, I could use a decent stroll through the countryside." Elijah argued.

"If she's in the bayou, she could be looking for the others out there. Or someone took her, trying to keep her away from the public eye." Scarlett guessed. She realized that she's seen way too many crime shows. "I'm guessing the second option."

...

Scarlett, Klaus and Elijah continued their search for Hayley near the werewolf encampments. They walked down a hill with Elijah leading the trio, trying to find Hayley. "We should head south towards the water."

Klaus observed his brother's behavior. "You seem quite determined to find the little wolf."

"If I'm moving too fast for you, Niklaus, you're welcome to wait in the car." Elijah suggested. "Do be certain to leave the windows down."

"Ah, so I've touched a nerve?" Klaus took the vampire's response to heart. "You've begun to admire this girl. Perhaps that's why you've been barking orders since your return, hoping to impress Hayley by assuming the role of family patriarch."

"If you're going to insist on treating her like a walking incubator, then that's your mistake." Elijah replied, slightly irritated by Klaus' childish behavior. Klaus quickly sniffed the air, realizing that the scent he caught was familiar. "Have you found her scent?"

"No, but I found someone else's." The hybrid admitted. The two others followed Klaus throughout the bayou until they reached a vacant car. Klaus broke into the car, searching through to find different things in the front seat. "This vehicle reeks of someone I thought I was rid of... Tyler Lockwood."

Klaus slammed the car door, beginning to walk away when Elijah finally questioned Klaus. "And why would your little hybrid-sidekick from Mystic Falls have any interest in Hayley?"

"He wants revenge because I went after his girl." Klaus guessed.

"That's wonderful, Klaus." Scarlett commented sarcastically. "Let me guess, you killed his mother too?"