PART 3 - How can you mend this broken woman?

Start from the beginning

"So enough about me. I am curious, how did you guys meet?"

Gyuri coughed upon hearing the question.

"Emeric, you know that we're divorced right?" Jisun answered. 

"I know from Jiheon. But, you guys seem really cool parents. Of course, you're so cool, you raised a good daughter. I am just curious, you guys have a different background and you were married then you are not. But, you guys are okay with this setting. My parents are also divorced, but I swear to God, I would never put them in a one-room together"

They all laughed.

"We met at the TV station. Gyuri was one of the hosts of a cooking program. I was the invited chef for one episode, a royal Korean dish episode. Yeah we started from there"

"Actually, I knew her before that" Gyuri intercepted. 

"Huh?" Jisun looked confused. 

"There was one time when I happened to visit her restaurant with my friend. I love Korean food so he brought me there. Funny that there was this customer who got mad over the restaurant's service and made a scene. Jisun then came from the kitchen and she faced that man and asked the man to leave the restaurant. She was so cool considering her petite figure, you know, she threw away the man, apologized to other customers, and gave us free dessert. I thought she was so cool" Gyuri chuckled to herself remembering the past.

"Then the PD of my cooking program said that we would do a royal Korean dish episode, I begged him to invite her and he did it"

Jisun looked at Gyuri, "Really? That was the real story?" Jisun can't believe she only heard it now after all these years.

"Hem" Gyuri nodded.

"Whoa can't believe that I know this just now, daebak"

That TV program actually made Jisun famous. After appearing in Gyuri's show she got offered to cook for the Blue Houses banquet event and millions of other opportunities after that. She knew just now that it was because of Gyuri.

They were done eating and now gathered in the lobby. Jiheon and Emeric said goodbye to the parents. Jiheon said to her parents that he will drop Emeric at the hotel which they knew would be a lie. Jisun and Gyuri are liberal parents, they educated Jiheon to be an independent woman and can be responsible for herself. That's why they trusted their daughter so much. Jiheon has also behaved since she was a teenager, more mature than her peers. Being raised by two mothers did not embarrass her for being different from the others.

"Where did you park?" Asked Gyuri when her car arrived after being delivered by the valet service.

"My car is in the repair shop, will take a taxi" Jisun answered.

"I'll drop you off"

"No need, thanks Gyuri-ya"

"Ey, your house is in the direction of mine, don't be stubborn, come one"

Jisun finally complied with Gyuri's wish.

"I thought you would go ballistic upon seeing Emeric, considering that you were always being extra protective with her previous boyfriends. But you were civil" Jisun broke the conversation after a long quiet.

"I thought so too. But, first, Jiheon is an adult now. As I said, I trust her choice. Second, I do believe that our daughter is a very nice person, and I am sure that she would meet someone nice as well. You know nice people attract other nice people. And it's true, Emeric seems decent. He's nice and I could see his sincerity towards Jiheon. And now that Emeric is real, I feel thankful for him. She must be there when Jiheon needed the support when we parted ways"