"Huh? Why now?" As he questioned that, he snatched the notebook away from my hands next and began to flip over the pages as though searching for a hint or clue that I was telling a lie.

Though, I didn't blame him for that because I wasn't the type to do homeworks.

I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans and then stretched my hand forward for him to hand me the notebook back.

"What do you mean?"

My hand remained up while my eyes fixated down, at the desk.

"Hah? Didn't you say that you wanted to go to the festival today?" he replied handing me the notebook
"And why else would I wait in your room?"

I placed it on desk and closed my eyes as my mind raced back at the events that took place.

Festival.

Musashi Shrine.

Manjiro and Emma..

Memories began to floor in.

My eyes snapped open and finally dared to look at Draken while my lips curved up in a smile which didn't reach my eyes.

"Ah, sorry about that but... I'm really busy right now and we're probably already late for the festival," I shot another lie and then hoped that we were actually late. "I can't go but if wanna then you can ask Manjiro and Emma to go with you."

That's right, I'm very busy sorting out my thoughts and feelings today.

"Busy with what?" he inquired with a raised brow.

"With my overdue assignment, I have to submit it tomorrow or my teacher won't accept it." another casual lie piled on the top.

Draken's dark eyes narrowed at me. He then leaned forward and grabbed the desk with with one hand, causing me to lean away from him.

"But Haru..." his tone dropped to a low one. "Tomorrow's Sunday."

---♡---

Every lie I spoke had no flaw to it, if only had I checked the day and the date. If only.

I remember the horrors of the day.

The day where I put an effort on my clothing and wore a Yukata only for him to call me ugly.

The day where I thought we would be spending the night together underneath the beautiful night; surrounded by the pretty lights only for me to be neglected and left alone, while the boy of my dreams gazed tenderly at the girl of his dream.

"Haru, we are getting late, hurry up!" Draken called just as I pushed the door open to face the impatient guy waiting for me.

Misaki-San, who was also with Draken threw her gaze on my outfit. "Haru. I thought you were going to wear traditional clothing?" she asked, genuinely curious to know.

"Didn't have the time or motivation, Misaki-San." I responded, with a smile.

"Very well," she said returning the smile. "Enjoy the night, you two."

Draken had already walked out of the door as I bowed slightly and turned around to head towards the same direction with my face devoid of any positive emotion.

'You two' ... more like they three excluding me.

________

The moment we arrived at the musashi shrine, a familiar, loud voice entered our ears. "You're late!"