Chapter One

Chapter One

This is it. This is my first day. Going through all the hate again is not going to be difficult bit I’ll get through it because I am strong. I parker my car out front and there was already a lot of kids inside the gates. I looked in my mirror and checked that I look less obvious. I look normal and that’s weird. I shook my head in defeat. I can’t do this. This is all too much. But then I remembered what Terrance said. I’m starting fresh. I plucked up the courage and opened the door and put one foot out and then the other, slowly. I pushed myself out and looked around. Yes! No one has noticed me yet. I smiled and grabbed my bag from the passenger side and I felt a slap on my ass which made me fall into the car. I got up as a fast as I could and looked around for the person who slapped my ass. Instead, I found everyone looking at me and laughing. Angry and frustrated, I stood my ground and took my sun glasses off.

“What are y’all laughing at huh?” I said. Everyone stopped and stared at me.  “You think ya funny do ya?” I said angrily. They just stared silently at me. “What?” I asked.

“Are you?” One girl said.

“No. It can’t be.” A guy said.

“It is. It’s her.”

“Nicki Minaj.”

“The Nicki Minaj?”

“Yes, I am Nicki Minaj.” I said taking off my sun glasses.

“Miss Miraj! How nice of you to join us this morning!” The school principal Jonathon shouted out brightly as he walked towards me.

“Hi.” I smiled.

“Welcome! Our students are overly excited to learn that a new teacher has arrived and not only is she famous but quiet intelligent!” He shouted. “I’m a big fan.” He whispered into my ear and then laughed out loud. This guy is a loony. I smiled nicely at everyone while everyone was too shocked.

“I’m not famous anymore guys, you should know that but he news or newspapers.” I said.

“But you were famous. Like really famous.” One of the girls said.

“Oh who cares? She just seeked attention all the time.” A girl said sitting on the bench with her friends beside her.

“Mikky, didn’t you like her once?” Her friend said.

“Yeah, I did. Not now though.” She said.

“Join the rest of the world.” I said angrily. She hinted at my anger and she crossed her arms and glared at me.

“Now now, ladies. There is to be no conflict just because you don’t like someone. We’ve said this before, Mikkaela .”  Jonathon said look over to her bench and she just turned her glare to him. I had to put up with bitches like this every day when I went to school and I can do it again. The bell rang and everyone flocked inside to get to home group.

“Nicki, if you can follow me I’ll be able to give you your timetable and you can be off. Meet other teachers and even make friends.” Jonathon said. “Oh, and just call me Jono.” He smiled.

“Okay, got it.” I smiled.

“Don’t worry about Mikkaela. She’s a handful. Her parents died in a car accident when she was only 14. She went through a tough time as you can imagine. She lives with her grandma now but she likes to cause trouble.” He said.

“That’s understandable.” I said. “I know times can be tough.” I said.

“Yes, don’t we all. How are you feeling?” He asked.

“I’m good.”  I smiled.

“No I meant, with everything.” He said. How sweet.

“I’m generally good. I’m happy I got a job as a teacher.” I smiled.

“I’m glad to hear that.” He said.

“Even though I can be a bit snappy and stubborn, I want to try and fix that.” I said.

“Well you’ve come to the right place Nicki.” He laughed lightly and I laughed a little too. We walked into the office and everyone stared at me like I had a big alien head.

“Get back to work.” Jono said. Everyone went on with what they were doing and I walked into the principal’s office. I haven’t been here in a while. I laughed to myself in my head like the loony I am. “Please, sit.” He said. I sat down in the chairs in front of his desk. “So, here is your timetable and your teacher book so you can make the roll, keep test scores etc.” He said and handed my things.

“Thank-you.”  I said.

“And the teacher’s lounge is just the corridor.” He smiled.

“Okay.” I smiled.

“Oh and one more thing. The coffee machine is broken so don’t go near it.” He smiled. “Have a nice day.” He smiled brightly and walked to the door and opened it for me.

“You too Mr. Beverly.” I smiled.

“Jono!” He said. I laughed lightly and walked away from his office. Man that was creepy. I walked down to the teacher’s lounge and opened the door. Some teachers in there and they all looked at me. One teacher lit up like a Christmas tree.

“Oh my gosh, it’s Nicki Minaj!” She said excitedly. “Hi. I am like your biggest fan!” She said getting up from the couch and walked over to me. Well, more like jogged. She hugged me tight and I stood there awkwardly. “Welcome!” She shouted.

“Thank-you.” I smiled.

“Jono told us a famous you were coming and I waited her until you came. I even missed a class for you.” She smiled brightly. “Oh, I’m Emma Moore.” She said.

“Hi.” I smiled.

“I’m sorry. I’ve made this awkward know haven’t i?” She asked quietly.

“Oh no. I’m just nervous I guess.” I said.

“Oh you have nothing to worry about, trust me. Everyone is nice here, right guys?” She asked the rest of the room.

“Oh yeah sure.” A male teacher said. He smiled at me and I smiled back. He was young and handsome. Probably married though so I darted my eyes back to Emma who was still smiling like a child who got a new toy and guess who is the toy? Me. This is going to be a long day.