Full Story

The War, Love, & Harmony Series: Book 1

Fighting with the Infuriating Prince

By Elizabeth Lennox

Register for free stories at http://www.elizabethlennox.com/subscribe

Follow me on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Author.Elizabeth.Lennox

Or on Twitter:  www.twitter.com/ElizabethLenno1

Copyright 2015

ISBN13: 9781940134413

All rights reserved

This is a work of fiction.  Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner.  Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.  Any duplication of this material, either electronic or any other format, either currently in use or a future invention, is strictly prohibited unless you have the direct consent of the author.  

If you download this material in any format, either electronic or other, on a non-sanctioned site, please be warned that you and the website are in violation of copyright infringement.  Financial and punitive damages may be pursued in whichever legal venue is appropriate.  

Chapter 1

"Get me a bottle of bourbon," the tall, dark man snapped to the woman fiddling with flowers as he burst into the previously soothing salon.  The man leaned his hands against the back of the sofa, his arms spread wide and his head bowed low.  

Jalayla spun around, shocked by the command and her eyebrows snapped up.  How dare he speak to her like that!  She looked behind her, realizing that he'd thought she was a servant because she'd been adjusting the floral arrangement, but it didn't matter.  He shouldn't speak to servants like that either!  

"Say please," she snapped right back, squaring her shoulders and lifting her chin defiantly.  

With her sharp words, that muscular back tensed and his head came partway up.  Not fully though.  It was as if he might be tossing her response around in his head, thinking about her words, repeating them in his mind as if he couldn't believe she'd actually said them.  To him.

Unconcerned, Jalayla crossed her arms over her stomach and glared, ignoring the creeping sensation of anxiousness that was coming over her.  

But as the man stood up, his true height and brawn were revealed and she had to suppress her uneasiness.  This was no regular man to be put in his place for an arrogant attitude.  No, this man was of a completely different breed, she thought as she took in his broad shoulders and muscle packed arms that strained the tailored material of his shirt.  She still couldn't see his face because he was turned away from her, but this man's body was enormous!  

She shrank back slightly, but then realized what she was doing and stopped that action, refusing to let this man see her fear. 

Then he swung around!