He's an adult keeping them from being swooped away by Child Services and that is the only reason why they still tolerate him.

Why, even as he's glaring and leaving the car, Georgie refuses to stand up to him.

In fear of what the consequences might be.

Ten minutes later and out he comes walking with a visibly scared JJ by his side.

In an instant, Georgie exists the passenger seat and gets in the back not uttering a single word to either of them.

They get in and Georgie sits fearfully quiet at the back glancing between them when they don't say a word to each other.

"Dad, I swear . . . .", JJ is the first one to break the silence.

But the instance he does, Georgie gasps crying out loud.

Luke Maybank punches his son for a second time not even even letting him breathe and comprehend what's going on.

"Thirty thousand dollars! Do you know what you did to me?", Luke yells pushing JJ against the car door as he gasps in fitfuls of breaths.

Georgie lunges forward roughly pulling at her dad's arm with tear filled eyes.

"Dad, no", her voice cracks just as her dad throws another punch at JJ, the impact being harder this time due to his face being pressed against the window.

He cries out in pain and Luke punches again.

"How you gonna get the money back? By sittin' around and doin' nothin'? I'm gonna tell you right now, you're a worthless piece of shit", he throws him against the window by his collar.

"Shut up!", JJ finally yells back trying to get him off him.

"Dad, stop", Georgie lets out a sob grabbing fistfuls of his shirt and attempting to pull him back.

"Your mama knew", another punch.

"Shut up!", JJ hits out with his elbow which earns him another punch as Georgie completely breaks down trying to claw through the material of her father's shirt.

"You tell me where you're gonna get the 30 grand now!".

He finally throws him limp against the window and ignites the car putting it into drive and flashing through the streets towards their house.

Georgie covers her mouth just as another sob chokes out.

She closes her eyes inhaling deeply to steady herself.

The pain, the pain of seeing her brother, the one person she loves so much in this entire world being hurt, hurt so brutally by the man they call their father dug deep inside her soul.

A vacant need of comfort and solace arises in her in such moments.

She tries to silence herself pressing the back of her hand into her mouth to keep herself from gaining his attention.

It feels so fucking repetitive.

The pain is so fucking deep that every time it happens, the sheer pain of it is multiplied and brought down on her.

It keeps burning deep inside of her sometimes not even letting her breathe and she fucking hates herself for it.

When the jeep pulls into the driveway, Luke is quick to abandon them in the car and stomp over to the house.

Once he's inside, Georgie pulls open her door shuffling towards JJ's and doing the same with his.

He stays seated there, silent tears falling down his cheeks with his head bent over his chest.

Gently, she reaches out to him and wraps her fingers around his wrist.

The action makes him yell out a loud sob and push his face in her neck, hiding in her arms as if those arms alone are enough to keep him safe from the world.

She pulls him against her chest sniffling as he cries in her arms.

Her hand softly rubs his back.

"It's gonna be fine", she whispers tightening her hold around him.

"When? When will it be fine, Georgie?", he sobs hiding his face further into her hair.

A lump forms in her throat at his words.

She sniffles shaking her head and pulling him close to give all the comfort he needs.

Everything the world can never give him.

"Soon. I promise I'll get us out of here".

***
are we sad?? idk what i'm feeling but i just really really wanna stab luke maybank iykyk also i don't add tw to chapters bc that ruins the vibe + i literally listed all of them in the first part?? hello its not my fault if you skip stuff??? so um yeah

***are we sad?? idk what i'm feeling but i just really really wanna stab luke maybank iykyk also i don't add tw to chapters bc that ruins the vibe + i literally listed all of them in the first part?? hello its not my fault if you skip stuff??? so ...