They're the ones paying Georgie, after all.

The least he can do is try and hide his distaste for them once in a while.

She doesn't reply, no matter how much she wants to it is not worth the risk.

And the last thing she needs today is to deal her with ever present daddy issues when she's already promised Heyward that she'd help him and Pope out at Midsummer's.

It is a good job and Heyward's insisting on paying her by the hour.

And she is not letting Luke Maybank spoil her already distressed mood.

So, she pulls out the packet of bread she'd bought just two days ago and grabs tomatoes, cucumbers and the butter slab from the fridge and gets to work preparing a sandwich for her and her good for nothing father.

She's in the middle of chopping the tomatoes when the call comes.

In a matter of a few seconds, Luke Maybank has managed to swear half of the town — and his kids, mind you — and almost topple over a chair in the living room.

Georgie runs out of the kitchen to ask him what's going on when one murderous look is thrown her way.

"You", he jabs a finger towards her, "in the car, now".

She doesn't have the time nor guts to ask what he's suddenly so mad about so she quietly follows his orders, settling down in the passenger seat of his jeep and letting him speed down the road towards Figure Eight.

"You fucking morons. The fuck have you two been getting yourselves into?", Luke shakes his head hitting the steering wheel with a force that makes Georgie jump in her seat.

"What happened, dad?", she swallows down her fear.

He laughs a sarcastic devilish laugh, " 'What happened, dad?' don't play that shit with me, Georgie. You know what happened".

Confused, she turns to him.

"No, I don'tI swear I don't, really. What's going on?".

"Your piece of shit of a brother got arrested. You hear that? He's arrested, Georgie. Now, you tell me where the fuck", he hits the steering wheel again — this time she only gulps —, "do I get the bail money from, huh?".

When she doesn't say anything, he hits the steering wheel for a third time, this time making her bite down on her lip to keep herself from crying.

"Where, Georgie?", he throws her a sharp glance.

"I'll pay for it. I'll help you pay for it", she murmurs trying to keep it together.

Another sarcastic laugh.

"Yeah, no shit. He fucks up and you clean it up. That's the agreement, right?".

Georgie goes silent.

She knows this statement all too well.

Every time JJ messes up, Georgie comes in practically begging for him to let her clean it all up.

And he lets her.

But that's not his fault.

She's used to looking out for her brother and if that means being labelled as a 'pushover' then so be it.

She just wants him to be okay.

Because he's all she's got.

Despite having a parent live in the same house as hers for as long as she can remember, she's never truly had Luke Maybank be there for her and JJ.