Just then, Thomas arrived with trucks full of stone quarry. He is about to keep going to Tidmouth Yard when The Fat Controller starts running up towards him.

"Hold on a moment, Thomas!" said The Fat Controller as he came up towards him. But he had to catch his breath first. Once he got his breath, he spoke up.

"I just told Arthur to take a goods train to Crovan's Gate Works but I didn't manage to tell him that he needs to fill up his sandbox for the journey. I want you to tell him that message."

"Yes sir," said Thomas and he puffed off to the yards to give Arthur the message.

***

Arthur arrived at the yard and saw a train of vans waiting on a sliding.

"This must be my train." He thought.

A workman then came up to him. "You're Arthur, right?" He asks.

"Indeed I am," Arthur replied. "And I'm guessing this is my train over there?"

Indeed it is." The workman replied. "Let's get you hooked up and you will be ready to go."

"Yes sir," said Arthur and soon went off to be coupled.

Arthur backed up to his train. He was then coupled and was ready to go when he heard a familiar whistle in the distance. Arthur then realizes whose whistle is.

"Oh no," he groaned, "not him."

And indeed he's right as Thomas chuff into the yard and stops near where Arthur is.

"Arthur," He said, "You need to have your..." but before Thomas could finish. Arthur interrupted him.

"Oh no, you don't!" He said sternly. "I'm not letting you trick me again."

Thomas wasn't surprised at Arthur's remark. Ever since the accident, Arthur has been giving him the cold shoulder for the last few months. Thomas had to shunt at Tidmouth Yard as punishment for 3 weeks. But even with that punishment, Arthur still refuses to trust him.

"Look, as I said, I'm sorry for playing that horrible trick on you, but I've been serious this time

"Look, as I said, I'm sorry for playing that horrible trick on you, but I've been serious this time. You just have to..."

"And you expect me to believe that." Arthur interrupted. "Listen, Thomas, I need to redeem myself and show The Fat Controller that I can still be a really useful engine, even if I don't have my spotless record. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to deliver this train, and this time you are not going to ruin it for me."