"listen, eddie, I know everything sounds totally delusional, but we've been through this before. I mean they have a few times and I have once. apart from roa," robin explained.

"that's gonna change," ro shot up from sitting on maxs lap. "maybe." she sat back down as everyone gave her a weird look.

"besides, we're still in the brainstorming phase." max said.

"there's nothing to worry about," dustin spluttered out. steve scoffed but then smiled. the group turned as they heard police sirens wailing.

"y'all the po-po," ro exclaimed as she shoved eddie to lay down, she covered him with the tarp.

they all looked out a window to see multiple police cars and an ambulance. "alright, let's go."

"go where?" ro said as she was dragged by the arm by max. "oh hey beautiful." max blushed and shook her head.

they pulled up behind a parked car, then stood out of the car as they watched nancy wheeler talk to someone. she glanced their way and sent a small wave, looking like she was on the verge of crying.

they all met up at the trailer park place, sitting on a bench. roa held maxs hand, playing with her fingers.

"so, you're saying that this thing that killed fred and chrissy, it's from the upside down?" nancy questioned, earning several nods.

"maybe," ro replied.

"our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse" said dustin.

"all we know is that this is something new," max said.

"this doesn't make sense," nancy tried to wrap her head around the words that were coming out of his mouth.

"it's only a theory," dustin pointed out.

"fred and chrissy don't make sense. i mean, why them," nancy wondered.

"maybe they were just in the wrong place, they were both at the game."

"and near the trailer park," max confirmed.

roa let out a dramatic gasp, "oh my god. i was at the game and the trailer park. am i gonna die?" she freaked out.

"no!" max immediately said. "nothing is gonna happen to you."

the group looked around at the quiet and eerie trailer park. "there is something about this place. fred started acting weird the second we got here."

"acting weird as in?" robin tilted her head so nancy can continue.

"scared, on edge, upset," nancy looked down at the table.

"max said chrissy was upset," dustin said, they all faced her.

"yeah, but not here. she was crying in the bathroom at school."

"serial killers stalk their prey, they wait for the right moment. so maybe fred and chrissy saw this thing vecman," roa explained.

"vecna," dustin corrected roa, she rolled her eyes. she opened her mouth to say something but steve beat her to it.

" I don't know about you guys but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone," said steve.

roa turned to max, who look like she was solving a puzzle in her head. "maybe they did," max said, "I saw chrissy leaving Miss Kelly's office. if you saw a monster, you wouldn't go to the police. they'll think your crazy."

"but you might go to your—"

"your comfort person," roa finished her sentence. max nodded and squeezed her hand. all of them stood up and walked toward the car.

roa linked her arm around maxs, and she looked at her. "this is some crazy shit."

"totally. but you get used to it," max smiled and kissed her girlfriend.

"i'll drive," max said after steve said he needed someone too, "no! no. anybody but you. not again." steve pointed sternly at her.

ro held in a chuckle as she looked at max, she rose a brow. max gave her a look at said, 'i'll explain later.'

robin walked toward nancy, and they walked to her car.

steve sighed, "okay. wipe your feet before y'all get into my car."

"on the outside! not the inside."