Funny Basketball

The story I'm about to tell you isn't really mine, although it has become mine after the telling, like all stories that are told down from one person to the next. This story is about to be yours to tell as well and its main character is a teenage boy by the name of James. James was about seventeen years old and he was an athletic young man who had dominated in the sports of boxing, but not so much in basketball. He was an adventurous and sometimes even a bit mischevious, but not in the malevolent sense of the world, he just liked to joke around and he couldn't really avoid it. It was a part of his personality and as adventurous as he was, one day he entered what he thought was an empty basketball court with two other friends, Simon and Peter. Peter was eighteen, a year older and Simon was nineteen, both of them friends from a music band where they composed many of their music. Simon was the only valid basketball player, but the other two were inefficient amateurs.

Simon who had a basketball dribbled the ball and shot in the hoop. It was a good shot. The boys played a ball game for a while until three fourteen or fifteen year old girls entered the basketball court. The girls brought a ball of their own and they were dressed in sports clothes. They began to warm up, dribble, pass the ball at each other and shoot. After a couple of minutes, they stared at the boys and formed a circle to talk to each other. James and the other boys wondered what they were talking about, but it was so brief that they couldn't make a conclusion.

"Good to see you guys play. Would you mind to play with us?" Jennifer, one of the girls asked. The guys looked at each other. Simon who was the only basketball player agreed. Peter said that it was alright and James who wasn't really good at basketball wasn't unsure.

"Come on man, they're just a couple of little girls, we'll beat them fast," Simon said so James agreed.

"Okay," James replied. I won't be going into the details of the game. As you know, basketball has a lot of rules, but the important thing is that the players shoot into the basket as much as possible to win. The boys played against the girls with confidence, but they didn't know who they were up against. James felt that the girls were as fast as flash, he couldn't keep up with them and in the end of the game they were beaten by eight points. Heaving and sweating, the boys wanted revenge, another game and the girls agreed. They got beat up by twelve points. In the end, the played eight more games. The guys lost all of the games and the little fifteen year olds were all smiling and cheering after their last game.

"Do you guys want another one?" Jennifer asked. No way, James thought. The boys were angry, but the humiliation was way worse. So after the games, the girls invited them to eat.

"We brought a cooler with a few sandwiches, chips and drinks. Why don't you come over and eat something, we insist," the girls said after their little celebration. James, Peter and Simon were so angry that they wanted to insult them, but James got an idea.

"I say we go there and eat all they got, it's revenge time," James said and the boys agreed. The group had lunch together. The girls and boys talked with each other about other things and as they did, the boys took their revenge upon the girls and ate all of their food. Then they parted. The girls however never even realized that the boys had avenged their humiliating beating, because when the boys played basketball in another basketball court, the girls were waved at them and smiled.

The End