The number belonged to a teacher from kindergarten.

******

Jiyeon stayed at her old apartment all afternoon. By the time she remembered she had to leave, it was already dark outside. When she returned home, the hand on the clock had just passed seven.

As soon as she entered the house, Hyunjung walked downstairs to greet her. She was dressed in casual home clothes and her face was still just as cold as Jiyeon expected, but for some reason, it was a little different today.

She looked a little bit angry this time around.

Jiyeon failed to understand the meaning behind that expression and looked straight into the other’s eyes, causing Hyunjung to frown, “Why didn’t you pick up Juyeon today?”

“If you had something to do, you could have told me. If the teacher hadn’t called me, I wouldn’t have known that you didn’t go!”

The kindergarten teacher hadn’t called her right away and even waited for a full 15 minutes. However, when she saw no sign of Juyeon's parents coming, she decided to call Jiyeon first. But she did not answer so with no choice she had to call Hyunjung next.

“Why didn’t you bring your phone with you when you went out? Are you trying to pull a ‘disappearing act’ on me?”

As someone who had gone through rigorous education and training, Hyunjung did not yell even if she was angry. Her volume was the same as usual, only her tone was much heavier. However, even a mild reprimand was still a reprimand.

And so, Jiyeon's face turned dark, “What disappearing act? I just forgot to bring my phone with me, that’s all.”

“You went out all day, yet you didn’t bring your phone with you? Just where did you go?”

Jiyeon didn’t know that people nowadays have to carry their phones wherever they go. For to go out without your phone was akin to losing half of your body and most people would rather die than leave behind their phones. However, Jiyeon didn’t know about this and so she couldn’t understand why Hyunjung was so angry and replied in a harsh tone, “What does this have to do with you? Do I have to report my whereabouts to you every second of the day?”

The current Jiyeon has never experienced the event at the Hyatt hotel nor was she aware of the memories that occurred afterward. Therefore, she has never experienced Hyunjung's heart-warming words and her tender affections. To the current Jiyeon, she was just an actress who aroused her desire but not her heart. And is merely an idol who can only have an influence when the person is in a good mood. When a person is in a bad mood, even if ten actresses were standing in front of her right now, she wouldn’t have any interest in seeing them.

After two days of waking up and discovering she has amnesia, she had almost accepted that Hyunjung was her wife who was about to divorce her. However, although she could accept this situation, it does not mean that she can just simply step into this role.

Imagine for a second if someone who you have only known for a few days started scolding you. Would you just obediently stand there and let her discipline you?

The wrinkles between Hyunjung's brows deepened. She suddenly felt that something was wrong, so she didn’t reply. Instead, she fixed Jiyeon with a scrutinizing gaze. Jiyeon grew annoyed at her staring and simply put on her slippers before walking past Hyunjung and up the stairs.

Hyunjung did not follow after her and simply stood there with an unclear expression. A few minutes later, she turned around and looked at the mobile phone sitting in the living room. This was Jiyeon's phone. Earlier, she had called it a dozen times before the housekeeper had found it in Jiyeon's bedroom.