If you had told Estelle a few days ago that Eustace Scrubb would be a loyal friend and tolerable company, she surely would've died with laughter, and yet here he was being exactly that.

"It's okay Eustace, you were a pretty good dragon." Edmund reassured, all of the children flashing smiles of pure innocence at the boys reformed nature.
"My friends, we have arrived." Reepicheep spoke softly.

If you had told Estelle yesterday that she would be looking upon the end of the world, she would've thought you were crazy, yet here she was, mouth agape at the sight of a wall made of sea water.

The six walked slowly towards the barrier between worlds, peace overcoming their senses for the first time in weeks, at last they weren't in fight or flight mode, and their bodies were free from tension.

"Aslan." Eustace said dreamily.
"Welcome, children. You have done well, very well indeed. You have come far, and now your journey is at its end." The deep voice spoke, it was thick yet sweet like honey and made Estelle's hairs stand on end.
"Is this your country?" Lucy questioned.
"No, my country lies beyond." He answered.

"Is my father in your country?" Caspian rushed. Estelle's heart twisted at the thought of losing the boy but deep down she understood his longing for a parent he'd been deprived of. She'd felt the same.

"You can only find that out for yourself, my son. But you should know, that if you continue, there is no return." Aslan warned. Caspian approached the tidal wave and his hand gently parted a small area, mentally debating his options. His face was painted in grief and conflict, yet a glimmer of hope was evident in his gaze.

Surely he wouldn't just leave without saying goodbye? Right? Right she was as Caspian sorrowfully turned back towards his friends, tears forming in his eyes, the few steps forward demonstrating his intention to stay.
"You're not going?" Edmund asked.

"I can't imagine my father would be very proud that I gave up what he died for. I spent too long wanting what was taken from me and not what was given." At those words his gaze fluttered towards the girl who was thought dead only minutes prior, his heart longing for more time with her, he missed his father truly but he would never forgive himself for giving her up again.

"I was given a kingdom, people. I promise to be a better king."
"You already are." Aslan aired all of their thoughts.

"Children?"

"I think it's time we went home actually, Lu." Edmund started.

Estelle's heart sunk to her feet, she knew this was coming since before she even arrived and yet now it was time, and she wasn't even slightly prepared to say goodbye.

"But I thought you loved it here?" The youngest Pevensie sibling asked.

"I do, but I love home and our family as well, they need us." He continued.

The emotional moment had been cut short by Reepicheep addressing the mighty beast before them, asking politely for the chance of seeing Aslan's country with his own eyes.

"My country was made for noble hearts such as yours, no matter how small their bearers be."

"No one could be more deserving." Estelle spoke directly to the mouse. The pair had grown distant as time passed yet her pure admiration of the warrior was never dampened.

"Well, I-" Reep tried to argue, his first demonstration of real humility.
"It's true." Edmund interrupted.

The rodents feet lightly patted against the sand as he dashed towards Estelle.

"It was an honour to meet you, Princess Estelle, I shall hope we meet again one day."

"Goodbye Reep, I will miss you."