𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

Start from the beginning

And as the treaty stated, Megumi is to take the name Zen'in in order for him to be clan leader, and so he did, but in this place, they both have agreed that they will carry the name Fushiguro. Y/N never said no to the idea, in fact she loved it more than taking up the name Zen'in, and although their names were currently legally registered as Zen'in, they ought to change that in the future. They want to and they need to.

Y/N then recalls the day they both started talking about Megumi's initial crazy idea, she remembers it like it just happened yesterday, that very idea that he thought of three years ago that led them to where they are now.

[Conversation prior to the announcement of Megumi as Y/N's betrothed]

"Y/N...when we become adults and saved up money...what if we run away?"

Y/N looked at him with wide eyes.

"We'll be together but no elders or higher-ups controlling and suffocating us with making decisions" he added.

"Megumi..." she paused.

"I know it's not feasible but just a what if-"

"That's actually a great idea! Tho, I don't know if it will work, but we'll keep that idea, okay? I'm up for it if ever"

[Conversation after the announcement of Fushiguro as Y/N's betrothed]

"Megumi...remember that crazy idea of yours?"

"You mean-"

"Yes Gumi, what if let's get married and run away after?"

"We won't have any violations for the treaty, it only said to get married. And you are automatically clan leader after we get married, you'll choose a successor and we leave. Because honestly, I really want to get back at them for making us suffer. I don't want Arashi's death to be in vain too"

"I understand" Megumi smiled, he, too doesn't want to be clan leader.

"I don't want to be clan leader, I just don't think I'm capable of it"

"You are, Megumi" Y/N held his hands. "But I know you won't be happy"

"So!" Y/N clasped her hands. "We both know who fits to be Zen'in clan leader, the perfect candidate for our teeny-tiny, little payback time" Y/N grinned.

"I'm so excited to spite them, we'll spite them together, right?" She was so excited to agitate the elders and Megumi can't blame her. He, too, wants to spite them.

And this was Y/N's first time to scheme up with something, she almost looked scary if others could see her now, who knew she will be capable of planning this?

The Zen'in elders would never suspect that they were planning something behind their back. After all, she has always had the image of an elegant obedient woman who never refuses orders, oh if they only knew she even fought her father.

But even her father who thinks that was just a small tantrum from her, is now currently being deceived.

"Y/N, she will sure get angry" Megumi knows too well who Y/N's referring to as the perfect candidate.

"She will, at first, but she will eventually take it up" she smiled and shrugged.

"I always forget you grew up under Gojo sensei's care"

"Hey, what does that mean?!"

━━━━━━━━━━━

"I think she has deciphered it now, and Gojo sensei's on his way to find us" Megumi said as he took a bite of the omelette. He hummed in satisfaction as he tasted its delicious flavor. He's so lucky to have Y/N as her wife. The one he was referring to earlier is a cryptic message they left for Maki to tell the few people they fully trust.