𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. to be free

Start from the beginning

"I would if it's another person" she smirked but Megumi flicked her forehead.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"Nothing, you're too cute" this made her blush.

"A-anyway! Let's go back?" she took Megumi's hands with her and pulled him along. Megumi just let her pull him away with a wide smile plastered on his face. "We still need to prepare-" But with one last glance, she halted her tracks and was stunned as she continuously blinked and squinted her eyes.

"Is there something wrong?" Megumi asked and also looked at the direction she was looking, it was just her brother's grave.

"Megumi..." a tear has now escaped her eye. "I think I just saw my brother smiling"

━━━━━━━━━━━

The wedding was done in a traditional Japanese wedding and the only guests that were permitted to attend were the Gojo and Zen'in clans. Both Megumi and Y/N had to say they won't proceed with the wedding if they won't allow their friends to attend, especially Maki. And alas, for the sake of making the wedding possible, they agreed and so everything proceeded smoothly.

The wedding wasn't as grand as one would imagine for the two of the biggest clans in jujutsu society, it was in fact, very simple. After the wedding ceremony, the celebration also ended shortly, everyone is too busy to have lavish feasts and they don't really care about the couple's happiness, what's important for them is they have tied the knot and both clans are finally merged. And of course, a little too sooner they'd demand an heir.

Later that night Megumi and Y/N went to their room and checked everything. While they'd all think the couple will have a lovely night, it was actually the complete opposite. Nope, no honeymoon will commence, but something else that will surely make them all surprised in the morning.

"You ready?" Y/N asked her now husband, he nodded his head in response. Y/N smiled, she was a little nervous, but here goes nothing, Megumi took only the things they needed and left a sealed envelope on the bed before taking her hands and intertwined them.

"Is Kamo-san already on stand-by?" he asked.

"Yes he is, I just received his message" Megumi nodded, then Y/N produced a faint light so that Megumi can cast his shadow.

"Don't let go" he said and tightened his grip on her hands as they stepped into his shadow.

Suddenly, the two people disappeared leaving no traces of them except for the piece of envelope lying on the bed.

━━━━━━━━━━━

And then morning came.

"Fushiguro-sama and Gojo-sama are missing!"

Chaos ensued in the Zen'in estate as the servants were scattered everywhere to find the newly-wed couple, this news was broken to the higher-ups and they were all enraged.

"Do all the means to find them!" Naobito was angry, like super angry. "Call Gojo Satoru and tell him I want to speak with him as soon as possible!" he threw away a vase to the servant's direction, and the servant scurried away, suddenly another servant came to him, hands shaking while taking a bow.

"Z-zen'in-sama, there was a sealed envelope left behind"

Naobito marched forward to him and snatched it away, the moment he read the content of the letter, he even became more furious than before.

"GET GOJO SATORU HERE IMMEDIATELY!"

━━━━━━━━━━━

"WHAT?!" Maki's voice resonated in the principal's office of Jujutsu High, although she has already graduated, she chose to stay here and assist in teaching the students.

"FUSHIGURO MEGUMI AND Y/N WHAT?! AND I WHAT?!"

"Turn down your voice Maki" Yaga said and paused on stitching cursed corpses.

"It is what it is" Satoru said, he had just received the news that both of them went missing and heard an earful load of angry noises from Naobito Zen'in and the higher-ups, but he was genuinely innocent this time, he doesn't know how to answer the question: "Where did the two of them go?" because he seriously had no idea. He even clicked his tongue in annoyance. He couldn't believe he was left out of the light. He ought to make sure to find them no matter what it takes.

"GOJO SENSEI!" Maki's grip on her weapon tightened. She was ready to swing it to him anytime. Satoru only raised both of his hands up.

"I really have no idea they would do this, I promise" he said and sighed. "After the wedding ceremony, Megumi is automatically declared clan leader" he started. "So you have no choice, a seal was plastered there, it's an official order, even your elders cannot do anything about it"

Maki almost wanted to get another pair of glasses, just to make sure what she had read was just a joke and that the seal on it was fake.

"I swear I'll kill them if I'd see them"

"Maki, this only means they trust you and your abilities" Satoru said with a serious tone.

Maki only looked away, her blood was still boiling from the very unexpected news. It's not that she can't do it, she was just genuinely shocked and unprepared like everybody else.

It was too soon.

"Fuck this, I'll do it then!" She yelled in defeat. Satoru tapped her on her shoulders and smiled.

"I know you can"

━━━━━━━━━━━

While everyone was panicking back in the Zen'in and Gojo estates and Jujutsu High, the new clan leader of the Kamo clan can only smile.

Kamo Noritoshi was glad that he could finally help Y/N and somewhat atone for his sin, he knows it wasn't enough given what he did in the past to her but at least he has finally done something good in his life. He promised to himself that if he will become clan leader, he would only seek peace between the other clans.

He has finally realized his own value.

And now that he has the authority, he would never let himself be influenced by the elders again. Oh but how he wished to be able to be free from responsibilities, just like them. But him being the clan leader is the destiny he has to face, and he admits that he needed to be, no matter what, in order for him and his mother to be happy.

"Ah, this means I'll be meeting Maki soon" he mumbled to himself.

"Live your best lives and be free from the chains of this society Gojo-Zen'in ah, no...Fushiguro Y/N" he chuckled at his mistakes. "I wish you all the best"

And inside a small office room in the Zen'in estate, Maki looked out of the window and sighed.

"Since you've trusted me so much for this matter, then trust that the future of jujutsu will be reshaped, Y/N...Megumi, trust that one day when you come back, it's no longer the same twisted world that made you do this" she paused.

"We'll change this world, one step at a time" she mumbled. "I hope that wherever you are, both of you are happy. All the best and luck on your journey" she leaned on the window and let the wind pass by her face, she then flashed a small smile.

"Y/N, Megumi, you are both destined to be free"

🅴🅽🅳

━━━━━━━━━━━

Note: Thank you for reading until the end! Epilogue will be posted later, most-if not everything- will be clarified there, I have to finish this story before I get drowned in classes. 😂