// • "A Pleasant Dream"

Start from the beginning

The voice spoke as though I knew the entire context...Even if I actually did, my memory is as fragile as my body.

It's a fleeting thing.

"I know your body is like that of a glass cecilia. And that's exactly why..."

"You don't deserve the freedom to ever see this bard again."

A hand grabbed me by the arm and pulled me away from the emerald field, and I didn't have the strength to oppose.

But who exactly are you, sir?

Why don't I remember you at all?

...

It was a gold-tinted evening.

The sun was swallowed into the ocean as the jade moon emerged from below and into the sky.

The day is almost over, but all the merchants are still shouting about.

Pure Cor Lapis ore here! Zhongyuan Chp Suey there!

In the name of commerce and Rex Lapis, Liyue Harbor has no dignity to fall quiet, even under the light of the jade moon.

Just like in Mondstadt, I feel bad...

I don't have the charisma, or the wealth, to own a business. But business is the essence of the Land of Contracts.

Money may not flow like water, but it certainly flows like blood right here in Liyue.

How do I have the right sit here in this renowned restaurant, to eat all this yummy food...

"Don't worry, I will cover the bills."

When I have done nothing to deserve it?

I can see the Jade Chamber looming from above, the only architecture in Teyvat that is worthy to go against the moon itself.

Even the woman that built that floating palace was as unfortunate as I am.

But through intellect and hard work, she built herself an empire, and she now sits on the throne.

Ah...

The way that it watches me from above.

It's so intimidating. It's like it's telling me:

"A person like you...What can you really do? There is no one in the universe who appreciates someone who cannot do a single thing."

That's correct.

But still, there is someone much closer to me than the Jade Chamber. He is telling me something else.

"There is no such thing as worthlessness. If you were truly worthless, you wouldn't be born into this world.

But here you are. Right next to me."

He's right too.

And I smiled.

"Wow...the food tastes really nice, doesn't it?"