That night

It had been a really long day and Nikki was exhausted. She yawned as she walked into the lounge, glass of wine in one hand and her book in the other. She flopped on to the sofa and took a swig out of her wine glass. She went to pick up her book when her phone rang.

"Hey Nik" came the familiar Irish brogue.

"Hey Jack, how are you?" replied Nikki with a smile.

"Good" he paused, "You doin' anything?"

"Drinking wine and reading!" answered Nikki with a giggle.

"So you'd be amenable to a pizza and a film with your old mate?" enquired Jack.

"I thought..." Nikki trailed off, "I thought you were going on a date tonight?"

"I was but I blew it off" he explained, "I realised that I wanted to be with.."

"Be with who?" Nikki breathed, butterflies rising in her stomach.

"You" whispered Jack.

Nikki thought for a moment.

"I'd love some pizza and a film" she paused "and you".

"See you in 10" said Jack before ending the call.

Nikki fell back into the sofa, clutching the phone to her chest. She smiled to herself. She'd had feelings for Jack for a while but had never voiced them for fear of rejection. Now though, it seemed her fear was unfounded.

About 10 minutes later the doorbell rang. Opening the door, Nikki saw Jack stood in front of her with a take away pizza, several DVDs and a bottle of wine.

"Come in Mr. Hodgson" said Nikki, biting her lip.

"You are adorable" teased Jack before giving her a hug.

The pair went into the living room. Nikki grabbed the blanket off the armchair whilst Jack set up the DVD. Jack pressed play and sat down. Nikki sat at the other end of the sofa.

"Come here, Nik" said Jack reaching is hand out.

"If your sure" said Nikki.

Jack gave her a smile and a wink so Nikki moved closer to him and lent her head on his shoulder. Jack draped his arm round Nikki's shoulders.

"Jack, thanks for this" whispered Nikki.

"You're very welcome" Jack whispered back before placing a kiss on the top of her head.

They continued watching the film. As it finished, Nikki turned and nuzzled her face into Jack's shoulder, taking in his smell, his warmth. Jack turned to look at her.

"Nikki, I..." he paused "I think you're amazing"

"I... I think you're pretty amazing too, Jack Hodgson" said Nikki, looking up at him.

Jack took her face in his hands and brought it to meet his. Butterflies exploded through Nikki's body as he kissed her. Jack's hands moved down to her waist and lifted her sweater up and over her head, revealing a lacy, dark green bra.

"Very nice" teased Jack.

"Oh, Jack" giggled Nikki between kisses.

Nikki started unbuttoning Jack's shirt as the kisses kept coming. His muscular chest felt smooth and warm. She slipped his shirt off his shoulders and down his back. Nikki then stood up and removed her leggings to reveal a g-string that matched her bra.

"Very, very nice" said Jack with smile before standing up and taking Nikki's hand.

She turned to face him and went up on tip toe to kiss him again. Nikki then turned and led Jack upstairs. Once in the bedroom the rest of their clothes came off in between more kisses. Jack scooped Nikki up and placed her gently on the bed. Jack climbed on to the bed and crawled over Nikki on all fours. Nikki looked up at him.

"Do you have any idea, how long I've been waiting to do this with you?" she said, smiling.

"The same time I've been waiting to do it with you?" replied Jack before kissing her.

Jack lowered himself on to Nikki. She let out a short moan. Jack began rhythmically moving his hips whilst kissing Nikki passionately on her lips, cheeks and neck.

Half an hour later they were snuggled under Nikki's duvet. Jack was wrapped around Nikki. She felt safe and relaxed around Jack and she couldn't think of anywhere she'd rather be.