* a marriage without trust is no marriage at all

Start from the beginning

"It hurts," Wonyoung wailed. Her toe was beginning to swell and turn purple. "Oh my God," she said, looking down at her toe in horror. "What if it cuts off the circulation? I could get gangrene. They might have to cut it off." Her eyes welling with hysterical tears, she leaned back and tugged furiously at the faucet, slipping down in the tub and disappearing under the bubbles.

"Wonyoung!" Wolyoung screamed. Wonyoung came up spluttering and coughing, her face covered in soapy bubbles. "Okay, Wony, calm down now," she said, kneeling by her. "I'll hold on to your shoulders, and we'll both pull. Ready? One, two, three!"

On the count of three, both girls pulled back, yanking Wonyoung's toe out of the faucet. Wonyoung flew back against the tile wall, spraying the room with bubbles and covering Wolyoung in water.

"Oh, thank heavens," Wonyoung moaned. "But my poor toe feels broken." She examined it closely. "You scratched it," she accused her twin.

"Sorry, Ms. Ingratitude. Put a Band-Aid on it," Wolyoung said sarcastically. "You're the one who put your toe in the faucet."

Wonyoung primly clambered out of the tub and grabbed a white terry-cloth robe. "Well, thank you anyway," she said coolly.

"Now, come on," said Wolyoung, grabbing a towel for herself. "We haven't got any time to waste." She turned the knob to her bedroom and pulled. The door didn't budge. She pulled harder. Trying to remain calm, she tried the door leading to Wonyoung's bedroom. It was sealed tight.

Wolyoung stared at Wonyoung with a look of horror on her face. The bathroom doors must have gotten steamed shut while Wonyoung was in her bath, Wolyoung realized. That had happened sometimes when the weather was particularly humid. And nobody was home. Their parents had gone out to dinner, leaving them a casserole they had heated up. They wouldn't be back for at least another hour.

Wolyoung began pounding on the door in vain. "Help, Wooyoung Oppa, help! Help!" Wonyoung sighed and fell back into the tub, robe and all.

San stood at the side of his Porsche, kicking the fender repeatedly while waiting for the motor club to arrive

San stood at the side of his Porsche, kicking the fender repeatedly while waiting for the motor club to arrive. He stared at the car resentfully. How could his baby fail him at a time like this? He was on his way back from Bridgewater, where he had rented a projector from Bridgewater Camera and Classics. He just volunteered to rent a projector, letting Wolyoung help her siblings.

Everything had been going perfectly until he realized he had a flat tire. No problem, he'd thought, jacking up the car on the shoulder of the road, cars whizzing by him on the crowded freeway. I can handle this. Then he discovered his spare had a flat too. Just my luck, he had thought despairingly. I need a spare tire for my spare tire!

San leaned back against the jacked-up car and exhaled deeply, looking around for the familiar motor-club tow truck to arrive. He glanced at his watch. Six thirty. Then he looked up at the sky. A few early stars twinkled at him knowingly. Maybe Wonyoung's right, he thought. Maybe the movement of the planets really was affecting his destiny. He sighed. He'd lost his girlfriend, his mother had moved out, and now his parents were getting a divorce. I guess it's fate, he thought. My life is going downhill.