Prologue Act 1 Part 1: A Whole New World

Start from the beginning

Now, you're probably asking, "why doesn't he just download the game?" Well, there was a reason for it. It's always been like that your whole life, purchasing the disc version of games, so you didn't really feel the need for the digital versions. Occasionally, you did just download them, but only if you couldn't get a physical copy anywhere and from the looks of it, that is what it seemed like you had to do which only served to add to your disappointment. Also, the writer kind of needed a convenient way to get you here, so he went with that.

(Jordanwolfboy9743: W-Wha? Hey! It's for the start of the plot, alright?! Cut me some slack!)

*sigh* Fine, fine. Whatever you say, chief. Anywho, you're all here to drool all over the anime girls, not listen to someone's life story, so let's just get right back to it.

You were still slumped against the wall, trying to stay dry as best you could while the rain didn't let up for even a second. Sighing, you resided to just wait it out until the rain had stopped or at least somewhat ceased. As you did so however, you heard the sound of a distressed sneeze from somewhere nearby. Turning your gaze to where it came from, you were met with something you didn't expect to see and you wondered how you didn't see it sooner.

Sitting about fifteen feet away from you was a young woman with long white-blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She was huddled against the same wall you were on and she wore tattered clothes. She had a noticeable shiver to her as she held her arms and legs close to her in some attempt to keep herself warm, but clearly failed. To put it lightly, she looked completely miserable.

You assumed that she must have been homeless and the sight of her current condition made you feel really bad for her. As you stared at her, you remembered the hoodie you were wearing and looked down at it. You then turned your eyes back and forth between the distressed woman and the hoodie you wore. Being the good samaritan you were, you decided to help this poor woman out. Besides, the hoodie didn't cost that much anyways, so you could always get another one.

With that decision made, you stood and slowly sidled closer to her. You did so as to not scare her with your mere presence, but if the rest of the day proved anything is that you didn't have the best of luck as when you tried to go near her, she almost immediately noticed you and flinched with a gasp.

???: *whisper* D-Don't hurt me!

She pleaded in a whisper yell, making you put your hands up to try and calm her.

(Y/N): Woah, woah, it's okay. I'm not here to hurt you.

Your words slowly eased her as she seemed to relax, but she didn't get rid of her cautious expression until you smiled warmly.

(Y/N): You look a little cold there. You might need this more than me.

You proceeded to peel your hoodie off and held it out to her as her cautious expression went away quickly and she replaced it with surprise.

???: R-Really?

She asked and you answered with a nod and another smile. She stared for a minute as if she wasn't expecting to be helped like this today. After some time passed, her lips slowly curled into a smile and she reached out and took your offer as a few tears welled into her eyes.

???: T-Thank you.

(Y/N): It's no problem at all. Gotta have the right protection during climates like this one, am I right?

She nods to your question before putting on your hoodie and snuggling herself into it, allowing her body heat to properly warm her or at least warm her more than she was before you came along.