"They are not my friends, just acquaintances for the time being and why would you think that I would be friends with a bunch of kids who don't even know how to hide a broken vase." She said placing the flowers in her silk belt which was wrapped around her torso.

"Well, maybe they don't have experience in hiding things or maybe someone wanted them to get caught." He said in a non-feasible manner very well knowing what his sister had done, walking off.

"I didn't tell anyone." She said not realizing the fact she just disclosed herself, trying to catch up with her brother who just turned around to face her." I didn't say it was you, you did it yourself." he said with a proud grin on his face as he caught the annoyed look on her face.

"Well, it was a mistake, I'll apologize. Maybe." She said considering the fact about how her brother always found out about the things she does. At this, she was greeted by a raised eyebrow. She sighed "ok. I'll apologize properly."

"Why do you hate them? Isn't it better for you to have some friends, at least I would be free from your childish antics. You are such an annoying brat sometimes you know that." He said as he put his hand on her head, moving it in a round motion causing her to swat his hand away and make an annoying voice.

"I don't hate them, I just don't want to waste my precious time on learning how to talk like a duck or how can I do magic without opening my gate of energy or how to do breathing practice." She rambled, swatting away the tree branches in her path, "And well father wouldn't appreciate it, associating with them I mean. You know how he gets when we bring Mother up in any discussions."

Breaking out of the forest, now on the path leading to the main village the two walked side by side.

A hard frown on the young lad's face "You know, you don't have to do what father says all the time. I think you should consider being a permanent student at songrim." He said trying to test the waters, careful about bringing up the discussion he was desperate to bring to light for some time.

"I'm not going to go against him as you did. Does living at our cousin's house didn't give you a clear message to not disobey our father's word? It's a miracle that he didn't abolish you."
She clarifies, clearly not yearning to repeat her brother's actions and losing her father's trust.

He knew there was more to it that she was trying to keep from him, but he didn't want to push her today as they both knew what day today was, he grabbed her hand "nevermind then, let's keep this conversation for another day. It's time to go home and meet Mother."

                          ───※ ·❆· ※───

                         ───※ ·❆· ※───

After fifteen years of waiting and mourning his mother, he finally found the courage to step inside their childhood residence, where he grew up with lovely memories.

Behind his footsteps was his sister's, looking around trying to visualize herself playing with her brother, with their mother by their side, but rather she just saw the embodiment of a girl who didn't even get to know the kind-hearted woman her mother was, never got to share her love, never got to experience what a mother's embrace felt like.

The voice of footsteps forewarn the old maidservant who turns around and saw the two figures standing at the front door, causing her eyes to light up with hope and happiness.

Her eyes landed on the tall figure, with eyes as kind as her mistress, the handsome structure of his face reminded her of his father and the broad grin lit his face. "Oh my!" the shock was evident in her voice "You are back! Our young master is back-!"

Her voice gets caught in her throat as her eyes caught the sight of the young lady behind him, with the eyes of hell and the face of an angel she stands with both the elegance of a swan and the intrepidity of a tigress.

"You-! Is she-?! Is she, young miss Su-jin?!" She asked frantically glancing between the Jin siblings, as she was astounded to see the little girl who was just a week old when she last saw her.

"I'm so happy to see you both. I was waiting for the day when you would come across this house again and eventually meet your mother." She said as she came near them and hold their hands with her wrinkled ones, as she longed to admire their faces for some more instants.

"It's been so long. It's good to see you again Maidservant Lee. You have been well right?" Ji-hun asked as he pondered back to memories of her running after him in this same house when he was causing trouble for his mother.

"I have been alright. Just praying for you two to come back home one day." As she said those words his smile dulled a bit which didn't go unnoticed by his sister.

Stepping forward she bowed to the lady, causing her gaze to land on her. "It's good to see you, Maidservant Lee."

The maid nodded and pulled her into a tight embrace causing Ji-hun to wince inaudibly as he watched his sister in a painfully awkward moment. As the maid let her go she released a sigh, grateful to end that embarrassing moment. "Aigoo! You both are all grown up now. Mistress Jang-Mi would be proud of you two."

At this, the sibling's eyes met silently telling each other that they did well, they stayed together, in their language.

"Let's go I'll take you both to her."  Without any acknowledgement from both, she leads both of them to their mother's room and stops behind the closed doors." I think it's time that you see her and pay your respects." She nodded toward both of them and left them to fight the surge brewing inside their minds.

Taking in deep breaths they glanced at each other "We do this together.", whisper their voices jointly.

Stepping inside the room, they met their mother's beautiful face. With eyes as brought as the polar star and a smile as lively as the sunshine on a winter day, hemmed in a wooden frame, the scented smoke from the half-lighted incense candles gave a peaceful aroma.

The elder one steps forward, and the younger follows behind, lights up the incense sticks, and positions them in the urn placed on the table.

Stepping back and bending down on their knees they bowed their heads to honor their mother.

"Mother I am here. We both are here. You can rest peacefully now."

                       ───※ ·❆· ※───