how to get information

Start from the beginning

Melina sighs, "You're very distant."

"If I recall," Yelena crosses her arms, "You and Alexei both told me that you wanted me to go and think over my nonsensical relationship before seeing you again."

"It was in poor taste," Melina responds, walking back into the kitchen and poking around the fridge, "Women don't date each other."

"Natasha's getting engaged, I don't really see your point," Yelena retorts, gently scratching between Fanny's ears when she bumps her snout into Yelena's leg.

"Natasha's getting engaged?" Melina turns her head, some unreadable look on her face.

"Yes," Yelena responds, "well, I think so. Apparently, she's held on to the ring for two years. She'll probably die again before she actually proposes."

Melina's expression switches to one of a mother's, "Yelena."

"What? I lived with her for two months, it's a good joke," Yelena retorts, digging her fists into her pockets, "You wouldn't know that, though, because you haven't paid attention to me since Kate came into the picture. Seriously, I don't know how you tolerate Natasha but I'm suddenly insane for dating a woman."

"What do you mean, tolerate Natasha? Who is she even with in the first place? Captain America died," Melina asks, turning on the oven before facing Yelena again.

"If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you," Yelena replies, really not in the interest of outing her sister right now, "I'm sure you'll be ecstatic to know that I broke up with her, by the way."

"Yelena..."

"Seriously," Yelena shrugs, "I don't understand. All you ever cared about, not just you, really, you, Natasha, Valentina, Ana, - not Alexei, he can't tell his ass from his elbow - all everyone ever cared about was that I could kill people with very little trace. Why can't you just be consistent and care only about what I can do rather than who I do."

The last part is a little inaccurate being that the most she ever did with Kate was makeout, but something she's picked up from Natasha is that it's fun to do things just so they sound or look good. Not posing, though, never posing.

"Yelena, I do care, can you stop putting words in my mouth?" Melina looks a little tired, and Yelena can't help but feel the same. She should've just tried to do her own recon and figured it out on the fly. She wouldn't exactly be worse off for it.

"Yes, you care so much that you forbid me from coming back to your life because I'm dating a woman. Thanks."

Fanny completely rests herself against Yelena's leg now, lying down and resting her head on Yelena's docs.

"God, Yelena," Melina sighs, "It's just not natural. Women are not supposed to date other women. It's not the way we're wired."

"We're also not wired to have our every move controlled and murder others for no reason, yet look where that got us," Yelena bites back, startling Fanny a bit, who stands up almost immediately.

"How many times do I have to apologize for that?" Melina asks, putting the food in the now preheated oven.

"How about once?" Yelena retorts, "I mean, come on, Alexei is an idiot and he tried to apologize like eight times already. I haven't heard something from you once. Unless I'm missing something."

Melina goes silent, looking to Fanny, almost as if the dog is going to have anything to say about it.

"I would love to hear whatever pathetic excuse of an apology you have, seriously," Yelena says, "I really don't understand, you're a scientist. You must know that homosexuality isn't just a thing humans decided to do because they were bored. Bombs, wars, subjugation, yes, but homosexuality, no."