𝑣𝑖𝑖. Christmas Preparations

༻✿༺

          Christmas is undoubtedly Sabrina's favourite holiday of the year

Christmas is undoubtedly Sabrina's favourite holiday of the year. She loves almost every aspect of it, and the days leading up to it. She loves the blindingly white snow that envelops the otherwise unappealing town like a blanket, the special cookies her mother makes reserved only for the day, the glittery ornaments adorning the entirety of the house, the unexplainable joy of listening to Christmas music, and even the gift exchanging despite the stress of giving a present the receiver will like.

This is why she had no problem accepting when Donna asked for her help hanging up Christmas ornaments in the basement while they watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Hyde and Eric agreed to it as well, but they'd hardly put in any effort. More often than not, the four of them got distracted watching a certain scene from the cartoon, and humming along with the song, which is why it's collectively been taking them forever to finish decorating the Christmas tree. Most of the remaining group is equally immersed, hardly conversing throughout the process.

"Man, the Grinch has a big butt," Donna remarks.

"Yes," Fez agrees, beaming at the screen. "Nothing says Christmas like a big, green Grinch ass."

Donna asks Eric to hold the ladder for her, as she and Sabrina snap out of their thousandth Grinch-induced trance of the night and reach to get some ornaments for the tree. Donna climbs up to hang some. Sabrina remains on the floor, kneeling down and hanging some near the bottom.

Kelso slants his head back, eyes flitting between the twins. "So, what are you two doing Christmas Eve?"

"Well, our parents are having the same, lame Christmas party they have every year. All the adults." Eric goes on to mimic their tone of voice. "Hey neighbour, is that mistletoe?" Then he proceeds to weirdly move his tongue around to showcase them making out.

Sabrina reaches over to grab another ornament, and slaps her brother's arm in the process. "Seeing it once was gross enough, don't enact it."

He makes a face at her, which she ignores. A few ornaments later, she and Donna are finished at last. The four of them scramble away from the tree, taking a seat wherever there's space.

Sabrina perches herself up on the freezer, right as Jackie speaks up. "Oh, I just love Christmas. It's all about good tidings and cheer." She breathes out contently. "And shopping!"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what Jesus was going for," Hyde deadpans, crossing his arms.

"Hey, I give, too! Every year, my friends and I deliver gift baskets to the unfortunate."

Donna furrows her brows. "I think you mean less fortunate."

She shrugs it off. "Okay, whatever. Bums."