Chapter 24 - Pretty little liar

Start from the beginning

She changes expression, in her gaze i only see so much disappointment, her eyes begin to fill with tears but it's clear that she doesn't want to cry in front of me
"So now you also use what i tell you against me? You know i was so worried, i ran here because i thought something had happened to you, but i'm just a stupid, a stupid who let herself go in a mess, risking everything for a person who doesn't give a damn about me. Congratulations y/n, you succeed to get me away from you if this was your intention"
"Liz please" i start to sobbing but she's so cold with me
"Don't talk to me again" she says and then gets into her car.
"Liz!" i try to reach her but i'm interrupted by a voice behind me, i look once more at Lizzie who looks at me almost disgusted and then leaves.
"Sorry y/n, am i bothering you?" i turn around and see my neighbor
"Tessa hi...uhm no it's okay don't worry, you need something?"
I would like to run to Lizzie right now but i can't.
"Yes actually, my boss called me and wants me to go out of town on business, but i couldn't find anyone who could look after Julian. Is it a problem if i leave him for a day? I know how he loves you and i'd be more comfortable leaving him in your hands" says the black-haired woman.
I look down and look at the little boy who squeezes his mother's hand, while with the other arm he hugs his teddy bear.
"Hey little bear, would you like to stay with me for a while? We can do a lot of fun things and even things mom doesn't want, but you don't have to tell her okay?" i say whispering, getting on my knees so as to get to his height.
"Yup! can i also have an ice cream?" asks the little boy and his mom giggles
"Of course, all you want little bear" i say smiling at him and he immediately hugs me.
"You're the best, i love you Y/n" he says
I swear i love this kid, he's incredible.
He's 5 years old, but he's really smart for his age. I've known him since he was little, Cassie and i often babysat him because his mother's financial and working situation is not easy, she loves her son very much and does everything to make sure he doesn't miss anything but sometimes this also means separating sometimes from him.

Julian's look:

""Well, i see that i can go, come on give me a kiss honey" says Tessa to her son, the little boy immediately runs into her arms and leaves her many kisses making his mother laugh

"I love you mom"
"Me too love, i promise i'll be back soon, you'll be good and don't make in troubles y/n okay?"
"Don't worry Tes, he'll be good and we'll have a lot of fun" i say reassuring her. She smiles at me and after saying goodbye she leaves.

"Do you want to give me your backpack little bear?" i ask to Julian, he nods and give me it.
"So what do you want to do?"
"Ummm, can we make our cookies and then watch a movie?" he says playing with my coat, or better, Lizzie's coat.
I can't help but think about her, i was a bitch earlier  and i hurt her deeply.
"That's a great idea, but we must first go and buy the ingredients" i say trying to stay positive in front of the eyes of Julian.
"Can we go with your motorbike?" he asks hopefully
"Mmm fine, but that this remains as always a secret between you and me, promise little bear?"
"Promise Y/n" he says and we made our pinky promise.

We go to my apartment to get the keys and the little helmet i bought months ago for him. Sometimes when he stays with me i carry him around on my motorbike and it's so cute to see this little kid being happy with so little. It must not be easy for him to be away from his mother often and i partly understand that, but he's always full of positive energy. I have grown very fond of him over the years and i would do anything to make him happy.
"Y/n?" he says while i help him put on his helmet
"Yes little bear?"
"Who's Lizzie?" he asks and i look at him confused
"What?"
"The helmet, it says 'Lizzie', who is?" i look at the trunk of the bike, which i opened to take my helmet, and i see the helmet i had customized for Lizzie. My heart breaks, i want so much to cry but i can't in front of Julian.
"Uhm s-she's just a friend" i say
"Is she the girl from before? The one you were talking to earlier?"
"Y-yes"
"It's because of her you're sad?" he asks
How did he understand?
"Wait what how-i'm not sad" i lying
"You are, i see it in your eyes, i don't like you're sad"
God this boy is so smart.
"It's okay little bear, i'm fine" i lie again
"Did you two have a fight?"
"Yes, we had a fight because of me" i explain
"Why?"
"Let's say that i didn't behave correctly towards her and i lied to her and now i don't know how to make her forgive me"

Am i really confiding with a kid?
"Oh i got an idea!" he scream and i smile at his cutess
"Tell me little bear"
"We buy her some flowers and bring her our famous cookies, i'm sure she'll forgive you" he explains so excited about his idea
"You know what? That's an great idea, let's prepare everything so then we go to her"

We go to take everything necessary to prepare the biscuits and buy the most beautiful flowers that we find, then we go home and we prepare everything, putting the biscuits in a basket. We have a lot of fun making them and time goes by without us even noticing. After having quickly cleaned up ourself from all the flour, we get on the motorbike again and go to Lizzie's house. I really hope that Julian's idea works, obviously besides that i have prepared a speech in my head to tell to her, in the hope that she will make me speak and not refuse me.

After a few minutes we find ourselves in front of Lizzie's house, if before it intimidated me to walk in to her house now even more after what happened.
I help Julian get off the motorbike and we go to the doorway, i knock, hoping she'll.

After a few seconds a Lizzie with no make-up, in pajamas and with red and shiny eyes appears in front of me.

"Hey"