Past should be left in the Past

The Saviour looked at the citizens of Ponyville, and they just stared back at him. He must've looked weird to them, seeing as he wasn't a pony. It was Twilight who asked a question while they walked.

"What's a Time lord?" Twilight asked, and the Saviour took a deep breath."Gallifreyans are species of humanoids from the planet Gallifrey, we look human in every regard, but we're quite different on the inside. We possess two hearts, our body temperature is 15 degrees Celcius, and our bodies can go into a healing coma to regenerate during which our body temperature drops to the freezing point. We also possess the ability to withstand the vacuum of space, but will need an oxygen supply to prevent from suffocating." The Saviour said, and he thought for a moment.

"Now, a Time Lord is a specific being within Gallifreyan Society. To become a Time Lord, you must go to the Academy, and look into the Untempered Schism." The Savioir added, and turned to look at their destination.

It was Rarity's fashion store. The Saviour realised why they were going, and looked at his tattered and worn clothes. "I see we're going to get clothes for me." The Saviour spoke, before questioning how a pony was supposed to make clothes for a humanoid.

"We'll need your help. We'll make these suits to fit you, but first, you'll need to take off your clothes." Twilight said, before opening the door. The Saviour looked directly at her, and without warning, forgot to duck into the door frame. He rubbed his forehead, clearly in pain and went through the door, ducking this time. The Saviour looked around the store. It was lined with dresses, fabrics and gems. And waiting for them was Rarity.

"Oh, welcome Mr Saviour!" Greeted Rarity, and the Saviour chuckled to himself. "No dear, it's just 'The' Saviour, no mister." He replied, and smiled. "Well, you were told of the situation, you're going to have to take those clothes off." Rarity pointed out, but the Saviour's face flushed red. He was embarrassed. Not only a day into his new regeneration, and he was told to strip for new clothes?

The Saviour took off his tattered jacket, visibly caring for it. Next we're his suspenders. The Saviour spotted a folding screen, before going behind it. The two ponies were confused."Why are you going behind the folding wall?" Asked Twilight, as the Saviour took off his shirt, and proceeded to untie his shoes. "Well, er... I've only had this body for a few hours... and um.... I.." he stuttered, before removing his pants.

"Oh and um, please don't go behind the screen... at least.... not until I've got... undergarments on?" The Saviour called, stuttering with embarrassment. The two looked confused, but Rarity soon got to work.

A few minutes later, he stepped out from behind the wall, his privates covered, and stood to the two mares, his back facing them. They were amazed by how muscular he was. He looked strong."Ready for your measurements?" Rarity asked, and The Saviour nodded. Using magic, Rarity brought up a tape measure, and began taking his measurements. After finding his exact size, she got to work. Then The Saviour walked towards her.

"Listen, could you also fix my red coat? It's that... it means a lot to me." He asked, and Rarity nodded. "Sure dear, I'll fix it when your new clothes are done." She said, and resumed her work.A few hours later, The Saviour put on his new clothes. The new outfit consisted of a white dress shirt, with brown pants, and a tie that matched his dark green eyes. He looked at himself in a mirror, and smiled in amazement.

"These are really good! Thanks Rarity!" The Saviour exclaimed, as he was very happy. Rarity just hugged him, before getting to work on his coat. Rarity saw the holes in the jacket, as it clearly had been through a lot of things.

"So, Saviour, how does regeneration work?" Asked Twilight, and the Saviour just grabbed a chair, and sat down. "Well, Regeneration is the process of "molecular readjustment", by which Time Lords and others renewed themselves, causing a complete physical and often psychological change." The Saviour responded.

"Psychological? You change your mind?" Twilight asked, unsure of what he meant. "Yeah, Time Lords have 13 regenerations, plus the first regeneration. We can live 13 times when we first die, but that comes at a cost. Some Time Lords often forget who they are or once were, like me. I forgot a few things, but I'm slowly remembering them."

Twilight blinked. "But what about your old face?" She countered, making the Saviour sigh."That part of me is dead. Whenever we regenerate, our old personalities die. With each new face, we get a new personality." The Saviour responded.

"So you're a completely different person each time you're regenerated? How can you still be The Saviour if you're a completely different person each time?" Twilight questioned."Well, Twilight, we may lose our personalities, but we always remember who we are. Despite the face and personality." The Saviour said, and Rarity approached them, holding a newly repaired coat.
"Oh, thanks!" The Saviour spoke with happiness. And Rarity smiled. "It was no problem, just one question with that coat, why is it to special?" Rarity asked.

"It belonged to my mother, before she....." the Saviour began, going quiet, his eyes tearing up. "Before she was... exterminated." Both Twilight and Rarity gasped at that statement."Exterminated? Like an animal?" Twilight questioned, and the Saviour looked up in her face, sadness showing through his usually cheery mask.

"There is a race of creatures, who hate my species. They're called the Daleks. They're nothing but a squid-like creature inside a metal shell. Bred by genetic mutation, anything they see that is not a Dalek is considered 'Non-dalek', they will kill that entire species."

"My mother was part of the last great time war, and she died fighting them. When her body was found, they gave me her coat. Not that fighting did anything, seeing as someone stole a dangerous relic from the Gallifreyan Vault, and used it to destroy the planet, killing the Time Lords and the Daleks in one hit." The Saviour finished, before shaking his head, going back to his happy self.

"Let's just forget about that." He said, before getting wrapped up by the two unicorns."I'm so sorry for your loss." Said both Twilight and Rarity.The Saviour looked at them, and motioned that he wanted to get up by nudging them. The two ponies understood the movement, before slinging back. "I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a mother, or a father."

Twilight and Rarity both hugged the Saviour, and he hugged them in return, while Twilight asked about his missing family."Ah, yes, I do indeed. I had an older sister, The Renegade, and we were very close. But I lost contact with her when the Time War began. So I presumed she was dead." The Saviour pointed out, before growing into a serious face. 

"Please, just no more questions about the Time War and my family." He spoke, in a cold voice.