First Day of Classes

Start from the beginning

Piper looked down at her neck. They were still wearing the same necklaces they made together as a trio when they were younger. 

"Hey, there is my sister." Piper said changing the subject.

"Who's she with? The girl in the jacket." Jenna asked.

"That's her best friend, Brighton. She's the captain of the dance team, and the coolest girl in school." Piper responded. "Anyway, I should head to class."

"Wait, aren't you going to wait for Emily?" Elliana asked. "You know it's tradition to walk in together on the first day."

"She's late. I'm not waiting around all day." Piper said giving a glare to Jenna before heading inside.

"Geez, what's her problem?" Jenna asked. "Ellie?"

Jenna turned to look at Elliana but caught Elliana staring at the boy's soccer team. Specifically, their captain, Jentzen Ramirez. They became good friends over the summer and he quickly fit in with the girl squad. Elliana began developing feelings for him and to this day, she still hasn't told him how she felt.

"Don't you think Jentzen's cute?" Elliana said smiling.

"Ew. No." Jenna gave Elliana a disgusted look. "Our mom's are friends. We practically grew up together as brother and sister."

"Omg, really?" Elliana turned to her. "Wait, he's coming over here. Look natural."

Jentzen reached them after dabbing up some of his teammates. 

"Hi, Jenna. Long time no see." Jentzen said leaning against the wall.

"Yeah, not long enough." Jenna replied.

"Hi, Jentzen. Remember me?" Elliana chimed in with a sweet smile.

"Oh, yeah. Ellie, right?" Jentzen asked. Ellie rapidly nodded happily. "I was wondering if-"

"Yes!" Ellie exclaimed.

"You didn't know what I was going to say." Jentzen laughed. "I was wondering if either of you had seen Lev."

"Oh." Ellie said. "Um, no. I don't think so."

"Well, I'll catch up with you guys later." Jentzen replied entering to the school building. 

"I don't understand." Jenna turned to Elliana. "You haven't even known him that long."

"It was love at first sight."

"I heard his mom does his eyebrows." Jenna added.

"That's cute." Elliana sighed. Jenna shook her head and took Elliana's wrist dragging her away to class. 

----------------------

"So how have you been since your break up." Brighton asked Taylor, Piper's sister. 

"I've been better. Piper has been helping me a lot actually." Taylor responded

"Yeah, what's it with little sis being around all the time anyway." 

"Relax, Bright." Taylor clutched to her best friend's shoulder for her to calm down. 

"Whatever. Let's find homeroom." 

They both got up and headed to class.

-----------------------

"What are you listening to?" Sawyer asked Emily as they were walking side by side.

"This is the song we listened to when we were younger. Remember?" 

Emily took her headphones out and put them in Sawyer's head. 

"Can't believe you still have this." Sawyer responded.

"Yeah. It makes me really happy. This is going to be the best year ever." Emily stated, but stopped in her tracks. The school's entrance was empty.

"I thought you and your girls always walked in together." Sawyer recalled.

"Me too."

Emily and Sawyer walked inside.

---------------------

Inside the classroom, students were settling in. Putting their belongings away and started getting ready for class. Piper and Elliana were already in their seats when Emily walked in.

"We have Math together?" Emily asked. Piper and Elliana's faces lightened up when they saw their best friend.

"Ah, yes!" Piper exclaimed.

"Let's go!" Elliana laughed.

"Hey, where were you this morning?" Piper asked Emily.

"Sawyer decided to take his time today getting ready." Emily explained.

"First day of school and you are already choosing your boyfriend over your best friends." Piper declared.

"He's just my friend." Emily clarified. 

"If that's the case, them maybe we can set him up with Jenna." Elliana joked.

"Who is Jenna?"

"Ellie's 'new friend.'" Piper explained. 

"Don't worry. You'll meet her at tryouts." Elliana told Emily.

"She's also trying out? How many spots are there?" Emily said worriedly.

"Three." Piper and Elliana said at the same time while looking at each other. 

It was then that they knew, one of them wasn't going to make the dance team. Who would be the one left out?