[2]

Chaos

That was the only right word to describe what I saw happening in front of me. Teenagers running around and looking off into the distance.

I knew that if my mom would see this she would flip and I couldn't have that. It were probably just a few seniors joking around anyway, nothing big.

"Mom, can you please drop me of around the corner, i'll walk the rest of the way." "But Alice, it's your birthday!" "Mom, please..." I really can't have her see the mess going on around school. "Hey, what was that? Why are all these people screaming and running around like chickens?" Shit, please dear god let her believe this lie. "Uhm, it's just a senior prank, nothing weird." "At the first day of school?" Yeah, they asked me to participate since i'm also a senior but I really didn't feel like it." "Okay honey, have a happy birthday!" "Thanks mom, bye!" I say as i step out of the car.

Several people run past me but none of them react when I ask them a question. "What's happening?" "Do I need to call the emergency number?" " "Can I help?" It looks like they're in some kind of trance.

My necklace hasn't stoped glowing since I arrived here. The quartz stone is also warm, not body temperture warm but SUPER HOT. When I touch it it just feels nice and warm but when a senior bumped into me he burned his hand when he touched the stone.

As I walk into the school to find my bestfriend Luce, I can't help but get a little afraid. What's going on? Why is my necklace acting so weird? What happened to these kids? I always meet Luce in the photography classroom because it's dark in there and very quiet. No one bothers us there. As I turn the lights on I see a small figure crouched over in the corner of the room.

"A-a-alice? Is that y-you?" A small voice called. "Yeah, it's me. What happened here?" "T-tt-there were mm-monsters, with r-red eyes. T-they came for us!"
"What monsters? Who came for 'us'?
I was growing more and more confused with each coming out of luce's mouth. "They found our hiding place, we need to run!" Luce got up quickly and looked around as if she was looking for something and pointed at the emergency exit. "Stay behind me Alice, I can't lose you." My mind couldn't keep up with everything happening around me but my body followed Alice outside. "Wait! What do you mean 'monsters'?" I called out when my mind finally caught up with me.