"Voi-effing-là", JJ mumbles in disbelief.

Georgie, herself feels her eyes widen as John B goes on, a triumphant look on his face.

"See, my great-great-grandmother", he gestures at the crypt, "Olivia Redfield. That was her maiden name. Help me with the door. Come on".

Both JJ and Pope step forward followed by the two girls and together, the group pushes against the cemented door in unison.

A low grunt sounds from the group as they exert all their force against the 18th century door but it refuses to budge from its place.

"Are you pushing?", Pope grunts glancing at Georgie.

"Yeah, I'm pushing", she exhales.

"Come on".

"Hold on, I got it", JJ grunts from the far side now pushing with his shoulder against the door.

Pope sighs defeated, "This door is like 700 pounds. It's not gonna budge".

"We didn't come this far to get this far, alright?", JJ yells back, "we got this".

As if on cue, a small 'hiss' is heard through the area making Georgie immediately jump back with a yelp, her frantic eyes searching the ground for any . . . . slithering creatures.

"Woah!".

"A snake!", JJ more alerted now scans the ground when two seconds later he rolls his eyes.

"That's a moccasin, alright".

"Oh my god", Georgie whimpers desperately pulling on Pope's shirt who steps back with wide eyes.

"Ye old Doctor Cottonmouth. Death in tall grass", JJ, out of the blue, starts barking at the fleeing snake.

His barks scare Georgie even more which makes her cling onto Pope's torso like a clingy baby.

"JJ, shut up. Shut up!", Kiara yells shushing him.

"You're gonna wake the dead, man", Pope mumbles frustrated and pulls Georgie closer wrapping his arms around her frightened frame.

"They're afraid of dogs. Everyone knows that, man", JJ states earning an eye roll from his friends.

Meanwhile, Kiara's eyes are fixated above at a spot opening high up in the wall of the crypt.

"Wait, hold on", Georgie blurts out gazing at them with eyes the size of giant saucers.

"If there's one, there's probably dozens".

"What?", Pope pulls back slightly to look down at her.

"All around", adds JJ in a low menacing whisper.

"Stop you're scaring me", Kie momentarily looks at the twins in horror, one of whom is silently internally dying of herpetophobia.

JJ's barks start again and John B groans.

"Stop barking at the snakes".

"Look, John...."

"Just making sure it's clear", JJ retorts back.

"Shut up. John, look", Kiara points at the spot her eyes had been carefully analysing since the past few minutes.

JJ turns his gaze upwards and sighs.

"We're not gonna get in there, alright? It's not budging. We should just go".

"I can get through", Kiara looks at all of her friends.

Georgie, still clinging to Pope, is the first one to protest.

"What?", she shakes her head.

"No, no, no. You think you're gonna fit through that hole? That hole?", John B perks up.

Exhaling a loud sigh, Kiara turns to her friend.

"Look, this is about your dad. And honestly, I don't really believe in it but you deserve to know the truth. I'll do it".

And in that moment, Georgie could feel even in her toes an inverbal argument being made between the two which makes her wonder what exactly happened between them while she was working.

Maybe there's something no one's telling her.

***
is georgie a clear representation of me, a herpetophobic? yes. yes she is

did i almost scream out when i looked up what 'moccasins' are while writing this chapter? yes. yes i did.

the things i do for wattpad smh #nopunintended #slay #girlboss #ideservebetter